the Mission of Desperation

Chapter three

"OOF!" I dropped my bags and jumped into the big comfy bed. That man was so nice; he even rented an apartment for me and was going to pay the fees for my university. I looked at my check list.

ROSIE'S TO-DO LIST

Buy new clothes 

Learn how to apply make-up 

Go to Ashy slam for tips about fashion 

Buy a new guitar along with base drums 

Think of a plan to achieve my mission

I had done those entire tasks, now it was my free time. I picked up my lucky basket ball and changed my clothes. Finally choosing long black shorts and a black v- neck t-shirt. Even though, I didn't like my choice and I thought it was also weird for playing sports, I jogged outside to the court.

One thing about me that would never change was I loved sports!

I was thinking-walking while dribbling rhythmically, when my senses became alert. Someone was behind me and was going to snatch the ball from me. I twirled my arm and ball, so it was out of reach of the guy's hands. He stumbled to the ground. I quirked up an eyebrow. What a dumbo!

"HEY" He said while laughing. Why was he laughing when he just fell down? Now I was really confused.

"You. You're a girl" He finally said. What did he expect me to say? Duh, oh yeah I'll just cling on to your arm now and be a nice girl. Well he wabsn't going to get any of that.

"Your point is?" I asked him, now annoyed.

"No No I didn't mean it in a bad way" he said with his hands raised in mock defense. "Its just that girls around here.... You're different" He finally said with a smile.

"Why did you try to steal the ball from me??" I asked him wanting to get straight to the dot.

"Oh... That's just a thing we do here." He replied

I nodded in understanding.

Then he quickly stood up with his hand held out and said

"Names Lucas. Lucas Malfoy."

"Pleasure, call me Rosaline." I wasn't going to tell him my last name yet and I was definitely not going to be called any pet names by him.

Wait....

Did he just say Malfoy??

Wow I was sure lucky these days. My victims were just popping up in my life.

"Well I was just heading up to the court" He nervously said with his wringing hands.

I raised an eyebrow, and put on a teasing smile.

"Yes....." I said

"Would you want to come with me you know?"

I couldn't believe it! I wasn't used to this since I was usually known as the poor.

So I was shocked.

I nodded not trusting myself to say anything.

We started walking.

"So.........are you good at basket ball??" he tried to start a conversation.

I looked at him confused. How dare he question my ability's?

"You'll just have to wait and see.... How about a game between me and all of your friends?"

He looked at me as if I was crazy. Perhaps since I was a girl and I looked really fragile and innocent from the outside. And their was of course a million other things as well but that would take forever to list. Anyway he started to say something but I cut him.

"Before you even say anything just give the challenge a chance. You never know I might win."

I don't know hat he was about to retort but he quickly closed his mouth and went silent for the rest of the walk. Finally we made it.

He introduced me to his friends.

"Rosaline this is Simba, Jonathan, Brandon, Archie, Carlos, and David." He said gesturing to each one and saying their names.

"Guys this is Rosaline" they nodded silently saying their hellos

"So I was just telling Lucas that I would like to play against you guys, you know me alone verses you people. Right Lucas?"

The boys smirked, some even looked as if they were trying to hold back their laughter. 

I was fuming from the inside now but kept a cool calm expression on my face.

"Fine, lets make this fun by adding deals like if I win I get too......' I was interrupted with ignorant stuck up Brandon.

"yeah if you win" I glared at him but continued

"so when I win I want 50 bucks from each of you, deal?" I asked for confirmation

"Fine but when we win, we get to see you totally stripped of, Deal?"

I gritted my teeth together trying to control the special high temper of mine and finally spat..

"Fine."

All of them did dog whistles. And I felt like slapping their heads off.

We decided to use my ball and the game was on.

I checked first and dodged samba then shot a net. This gave them a little shock and they started trying harder. It was losers' ball so I handed the ball to Lucas roughly. Lucas passed to Archie but he wasn't quick I jumped high and got the ball in mid air and then did a dunk. We had decided we would play up to ten shoots and would count by 2's. So far I had four points. This time branden tried to show off. As he ran the squeakiness of the shoes tingled everywhere. I quickly did my quick thinking he was going to do a dunk but before that.... I slashed the ball out of his hands and dribbled it. I was surrounded by all the boys now and it would be really hard to shoot so I went farther back in the court and BANG the thunder like voice weaved through the boys surprised and embarrassed faces. I silently cheered my self for shooting in the net from such a far distance. The was no chance of them winning left now since I had 6 points and them even shooting two nets wouldn't help at all. So it was obvious I was going to win in the end.

"We all know now who's gonna win in the end, so why don't you just give it up now" I asked.

The boys were all befuddled, Embarrassed they slowly all took out 50 dollar bills.

'On one condition though, you'll never tell anyone about this game" the boy named David warned

I laughed half heartily.

"Is that a threat?" I seethed

"Yeah and a real one missy" Archie, the freckled dork picked up.

"Really now, sorry to disappoint you but I take it as a compliment since u boys weren't good enough competition" I said one last time and turned around and started walking away.

"HEY"

I heard someone running up to me. My shoulder was quickly shoved in his direction.

It was Brandon.

"NO miss dorsa flank walks away from us when we're talking!'" he said in a low vice looking directly in to my eyes.

Anger was boiling inside me.

Suddenly he started to back up and I was confused but I didn't let my expression change.

'Whoa whoa calm down I was just..." And he ran away

I quickly jogged home.

As I opened the door, I saw my reflection in the mirrior.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!