Chapter 25: Sleeping Arrangements

Jade woke up to a slight nudge on her shoulder and she opened her eyes. 

"What?" she groaned out. She stretched sleepily across Zach's lap and looked up. Zach was happily smiling at her, but you could tell that he was tired from the way that his eyes drooped. His hand stroked the side of her face gently and he smiled.

"We're here sleepy head," Zach said.

Jade rubbed her eyes and sat up. "Gr...eat," she moaned.

"Isn't she beautiful?" Olivia was heard from the other end of the limo. Jade watched intently at the way she was awing. "My parents are the best don't you think?"

Jade looked out of the window and found herself barely able to catch her breath. The cabin was only a one story and it looked small from where she was, but the interesting thing was that it was surrounded with Christmas lights to make it bright. The lights were white and they hung like icicles on the edge of the roof. 

"Wow," Jade whispered as she looked out of the limo window. "I never thought that I would ever see anything so beautiful."

Zach moved to her side and sighed. "You mean the most beautiful thing since you?"

"Whatever," Jade laughed and gave him a playful push.

Suddenly the door on the adjacent side of them opened sending cold winter air in the limo. The four people that sat looking at the cabin turned quickly at the intruder who opened the door.

"Excuse me, Ms. Parker, but would you like me to carry your bags inside?" the driver asked.

Olivia smiled and shrugged. "I think we can handle our own bags driver," she said sliding her way to the door. "Come on you guys it looks better in the inside."

The others followed Olivia outside, but either way it was still very cold. Jade got her bags out of the trunk and clutched them in her hand. It wasn't as if she had a choice because it was so cold. Looking around she, for once, noticed how many trees covered the area. She never seen so many trees before in her life-you know living in a desert when she was little, and an almost city like area now- it was at the utmost the most beautiful thing she ever saw. Turning around she stood to look at the cabin. Olivia was right about her parents being the best because who could ask for a better present for Christmas?

"Let's hurry up and get out of the cold," Josh pleaded to Olivia who was on the ground looking through her bag.

Olivia waved her hand at him. "Wait a minute I can't find the key."

"What!?" Zach said. "Please say you're kidding me?" he said kneeling down beside the distraught girl. 

"I'm not I can't find the damn key!"

"Dammit, where do you remember putting it?" Zach asked. When Olivia pointed at another one of her bags, Zach quickly decided to investigate it. Josh also decided to help in the search to find the keys, but Jade decided to wonder on. She walked down the gravel path that lead to the cabin itself and laid her bags down in front of the wooden door. She looked at the doorknob and rolled her eyes.

"What's the harm in trying?" She grabbed the doorknob and turned it slightly. "Just my luck," Jade sighed when the door didn't open. Sucking her teeth she looked back at the people who were still rummaging through baggage. Walking over to the side of the cabin she decided to do a bit of adventuring. With amazement there was a small path leading to the back of the cabin. She strolled down the path with her hands behind her back curiously looking over her new surroundings. It may have been dark, but in the end the lights gave her a chance to notice how the cabin was put together. One log over the other, one long over the other, one long over the other and so on. Her fingers grazed against it as she walked further around the side of the cabin, which wasn't as small as she thought up close.