Chapter 23: Winter Vacation!

"Well dammit Jade will you pick it up!?" Olivia yelled at her friend. Jade looked at her in disgust and picked up the sped. She was running. She was running trying to catch up with her best friend, but why was she even trying to follow her in the first place?

"Will…you…slow…down." Jade huffed out. She couldn't breath and a drop of sweat trailed down her cheek. She noticed some people giving her curious glimpses as she ran by, but tried not to focus on that. All she had to focus on was Olivia and make sure she didn't lose her.

"Were almost there, so move your ass Harris or we're going to miss it," Olivia said. 

Suddenly, Jade picked up as much momentum as she possibly could. In one instant she closed her eyes and then she was done for. She accidentally hit into a guy and was forced to apologize to him. After she apologized she scanned the area. Her hand instantly flew to cover her mouth. She had lost Olivia!

"Olivia!" Jade called out. She sighed and began to walk aimlessly into the oncoming crowd. "Oh no, this can't be happening," she groaned and looked around. She spun roughly in a circle trying to gaze into everyone's face. She just had to try to picture what Olivia was wearing, but nothing came to mind. All Jade could remember was her grimacing face as she yelled at her to pick up the pace. What would she do?

"Jade will you stop dazing and come on!"

Jade turned to find Olivia waving her arm back and forth in the air. She mouthed out a "thank you" softly and followed the flaying arms that were urging for her to hurry up.

"I…I…I…am…so," Jade panted when she finally made it through the fog like crowd. She placed both her hands on her knees and tried to regain her regular breathing pattern. "…Happy…that I…found you." 

Olivia looked dumbfounded. "I don't know what you're talking about, but hand me your ticket."

Jade stood up straight and dug through her jean pockets. She pulled out a piece of wrinkled paper and handed it to Olivia. Olivia put on a much softer face when she handed the paper to a woman standing behind the desk. She took the paper and ripped off the end and handed it back to Olivia.

"Thank you and I hope you have a wonderful flight to Maine," the very voluptuous women said with a smile. 

"Yea, we're going to a cabin to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas together with two other people," Olivia bragged while handing the plane ticket back to Jade. Jade had to roll her eyes in an attempt to contain her sneering. "It was supposed to be a couple thing, but only one of us got into a relationship."

Jade perked her ears up when Olivia chuckled lightly. What was she making that kind of assumption for? Jade gritted her teeth and closed her eyes. She wanted to tell Olivia that she indeed did have a man. Just…one…that she wasn't able to disclose the information about.

"But, I'm going to have fun with my man, while she," Olivia said casually said pointing at Jade. "Just hangs out. Who knows she might actually find a …"

"Olivia come on I thought you didn't want to be late?" Jade interrupted. She got tired of the silly smirk that played across the women that stood behind the desk. Not to mention she started to hate the fact that they were both laughing at her updatable, soulless, unattainable, lowly carcass. 

Olivia beamed and waved goodbye to the woman. She grabbed Jade's wrist and pulled her down the corridor to the plane.

"You didn't have to dog me back there about not having a man Liv," Jade sighed when she finally noticed that she was being pulled, but was happy to know it moved her from her demeaning thoughts. She jerked her wrist out of Olivia's grasp and crossed her arms. Olivia slowed down when she noticed that they were coming to the entrance of the plane. Already the flight attendants stood wearing their blue and white suits, with their curvy bodies ready to tempt any oncoming guys who are willing to stray. Why wouldn't any guy not find them hot, anyway? Many a time she heard guys talking about fantasies with a female flight attendant. It was just the sexy outfit wasn't it? They looked like a bunch of Barbie Doll collectibles. But, to make it even more of a collectible they had to have some sort of stiff male figures. Speaking of the devils!