10. Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Boss

***Sorta edited, sorta not...I've got work in the morning, so I'll read over it tomorrow!***

Chapter 10

Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Boss

Tokyo, Japan:  one of the leading centers of the world’s economy, home of the Imperial Palace, most populous metropolitan city, and home to the country’s largest museum, as well as several others.

But were we going to take advantage of all of that for the one day that we were there?  Apparently not.

Because when our plane landed, we got off, and left the airport in our rental car, we completely bypassed everything until we pulled up in front of our hotel, The Peninsula.  No one even said a word about going out to do something else besides the break-in later that night. 

“So we’re just going to stay here?” I asked, looking over at John as we rode up to our room in the elevator.  We were only renting the room for the one night since we were leaving the next morning.  Stella and Ren had already claimed the bed, so John and I were either going to have to make do on the couch, if our room had one, that is, or pile up pillows and blankets on the floor. 

“Were you wanting to be all touristy and go places?” he smirked, raising an eyebrow. 

I raised my eyebrows in a ‘what did you expect’ expression.  “I’ve only been here once in my life and that was when I was six.  Do you really think I remember that?”

“Well, I guess not,” he laughed, rolling his eyes.  “I’ll tell you what.  One day soon after we finish all of this, we’ll take an extremely long trip, just you and me, and we’ll visit every city or place you’ve ever wanted to go or already have, just didn’t spend a lot of time.”

An extremely long trip with just the two of us, no break-ins or mission or – hopefully – Knights to worry about?  I stuck out my hand to him.  “It’s a deal.”

Grinning, he placed his hand in mine, though the next thing I knew, he was pulling me forward, making me crash into his chest before placing a kiss on my lips.  “That’s a better way to seal a deal,” he winked after he pulled back. 

“And one that’s going to make me see my breakfast again,” Ren gagged from beside us. 

Stella immediately smacked his stomach.  “Shut up,” she said.  “At least he likes being all romantic.  All the romance is gone with us.”

“Oh, please,” he scoffed, rolling his eyes.  “You can’t say that.” 

“When was the last time you promised me a trip just the two of us?”

“I’ve learned that we need someone on trips with us.  Do you remember the last time we went on a trip just the two of us?  What happened then?”

I didn’t know the story, but the look on Stella’s face, the one that showed her trying to hold in her laughter…that was enough for me to know something good happened. 

“Oh, okay.  You’re right.”

Ren looked over at me and John.  “You guys heard that, right?  She said I was right.”

That earned him another smack on the stomach. 

 ...

“And here I thought you’d just wore your regular jeans and t-shirts,” Stella smiled when I came out of the bathroom.  “Not come out looking like a hot piece of ass.”