Breaking Down

The first day of school, after spring break was today and I already had an idea in my head of how it was going to be. A long and boring regular day routine day. The classes would be just as boring and long, and lunch would be my only escape from boredom. My friend, Ronnie Larson is in my lunch too. He is the funniest person I know. My other friend is Dane Adams; he is a large dude that’s really cool. The other people at my lunch table I don’t really talk to. There is also a kid named Dustin that is a huge jerk in the school. I usually manage to ignore him. There are a lot of people that don’t like him, but no one does anything because he basically has a whole army of people to back him up.

My parents woke me up to get to school and I was so tired, I could barely function. They asked me if I wanted coffee, like they always do, and I gave them the same answer as I always do, no. when I finally got ready, I got in the car and drove to school. I pulled into the parking lot and walked inside to the school. I saw Ronnie and Dane in the hallway so I waited with them until the bell rang.

I went to my first class, which was science. It is defiantly one of the worst classes I have too. When I wake up, doing science experiments on things that I’m never going to use in my life is not the first thing that I want to do. I can’t stay awake in that class anyhow. I fell asleep and the teacher sent me to the office.

When I walked in the office they had me sit in the chair and wait for the principal. As I was waiting a girl walked in and I overheard her say that she was a new student. They had her sit next to me. She sat down; smiled; and said “Hi I’m Crystal.’ I replied “Avan”. She seemed nice and very shy too.

The secretary told her not to talk to me because I was a bad kid. That really pissed me off because that Crystal girl was keeping my mind off getting in trouble. After the secretary interrupted our conversation, Crystal continued to talk to me. Crystal and I talked for about 40 minutes because it took that long for the principal to talk to me. He just blabbered on and lectured me about how if I don’t get my act together that my future would pay the consequences. I figured that my future was already heading downhill and I should just accept it. Needless to say he didn’t like my attitude, he gave me 2 detentions. That didn’t bother me. He then doubled in because I gave him “backtalk”. That didn’t bother me. On a normal occasion all of this would have bothered me but, I just met the most sweetest and beautiful girl 40 minutes earlier.

As I left for my next class, I stopped at my locker. Crystal walked up and she asked me if I would go to lunch with her today because she didn’t know anyone else and she only talked to me. I told her that I would and she asked me what classes I had. Turns out we share all of the same classes. We walked to math class and we sat next to each other. The teacher told me to get into my assigned seat in the back of the room. I told her that I couldn’t really see from back there so she let me remain seated next to Crystal. The teacher was surprised that I moved upfront because she assumed I was just going to sleep back there like I usually do.

After class, Crystal and I went out for lunch. We actually had extra time because it was “Lazy Lunch Day”. This day is once a month, when students get an hour and a half for lunch. I took Crystal and I to a sit-in restaurant I usually go to on the weekends. The first 20 minutes we had a great time. We talked about our lives and we got to know each other. She had the most amazing smile, the kind of smile when you see it, it just makes you smile. After the greatest 20 minutes of my life, Dustin walked in with his friends. He came right up to our table and said some smart remarks about me and I just ignored it. Then he said something about Crystal. I stood up and told him to leave us alone. He said that I shouldn’t be too confident and gave me a warning, then walked away. I sat back down with Crystal and she asked who that was. I told her it was Dustin the D*ckhead and she giggled. I told her just to ignore him if he tries anything.