Chapter 2: Poker Face

"FINALLY, YOU GOT YOUR ASS HERE. WHERE WERE YOU?" said Derek.

"Dude, I was...uh...busy."

"Busy at Pacific Mall, drinking bubble tea and flirting with girls?"

"...maybe."

After spending four hours on the project, they decided to go to Cecil's house.

"OKAY, SO SINCE WE'RE ALL BORED WITH OUR LIVES, LET'S ALL FIND SOMETHING TO HELP US", said Cecil.

They then began to search over the internet to start with Noah's problem; boredom. It was only temporary, so they figured it wouldn't be too hard to solve.

"Hey dude, check this out; odd tall figure kidnaps children in Brimwood Forest", Cecil said.

"Brimwood Forest? That's, like, 10 minutes away from my house!"

"Yeah, and if you're thinking what I'm thinking..."

"SLENDERMAN.", they both said. 

"They even say that it looked like Slenderman. Chances are, if we kill it, we might get a reward or whatever.", said Cecil.

"Cool. I have my sword collection, along with some other cool shit, so we could probably hunt it down or something. We're (almost) adults, so we're not in as much danger, right?"

"True, but still. What if we DO end up dead?"

"Well, I'll take the fall if anyone needs..."

"Are you guys crazy? Slenderman doesn't exist...", said Derek.

"Oh yeah? Well, what other kind of person would be 10", have REALLY long arms, and wear a suit out in the open?"

"...whatever, I guess I'll join you guys to prove it's not real."

They all went to Noah's house, and dug through his messy, messy closet.

Noah took a sword he had boughtten; it needed a bit of sharpening, but it would do.

Christopher took a spiked mace that was surprisingly heavy, even if it was a bit short.

Cecil grabbed a pair of sais; pretty light weaponry to go with Cecil's running speed.

Derek found an AK-47 somewhere. It was pretty big, so he figured it WOULD be good if they did run into something, no matter how badly he denied Slenderman's existance.

After sharpening their weapons, eating a big lunch, packing some gauze, and writing their last wills, they were ready. They ran into Brimwood Forest.

"Heeere, slendy, slendy, slendyyy.", said Christopher, several times.

 After an hour, nothing was found.

"See, it doesn't exist! It's just a myth!", said Derek.

"Uh...Derek? Look behind you...", said Cecil.

They all looked; it was a tall man in a suit without a face; Slenderman.

"HAH! In your face! It does exist-"

Before he could finish, Christopher was grabbed by Slenderman.

"Oi!!! Let him go, you tall freak!!!", said Noah, as he came out swinging his sword.

The Slenderman's arm got cut off, but then grew back.

"Derek, shoot him!", screamed Christopher.

*BANG!!!*

*BANG!!!*

*BANG!!!*

It hadn't much of an effect, as all that it did was leave a few bullet holes through his blank face.

"It didn't work! What the fuck?!"

"Christopher, slam it down!!!"

Christopher promptly slammed it hard enough for it to fall down.

Cecil promptly ran to its head, and severed it.

As soon as the head ripped off, a bunch of wires spurted out.

"Slenderman was a...robot?", Cecil pondered.

"HA!!! I told you guys! Slenderman doesn't exist.", Derek said smugly.

"Shut it, Snowflake!"

"Wait...that means it's not over yet! It's still moving! Quick, shove it into the ravine!", screamed Noah.

They all grabbed the robot by its limbs, and threw it into the ravine. They all threw rocks at it to keep it there. Eventually, the robot short-curcuited, and exploded.

"Well, we might not have stopped Slenderman, but we caught a creepy impersonator, at least.", said Noah. "You think we'll get a reward?"

The police department walked in.

"Yes, sir, you DO get a reward. Here's $50 for each of you."

"Wha- That's it?!", complained Christopher.

"Son, calm down. At least you got something. Now...you kids go buy more...weapons...or whatever the hell you kids are carrying. I have some police business to do."