Born Of Fire Chapter 32

Alright everyone, you have all met my challenge once more! Thanks to all who voted and commented on the last chapter, and hi to all my new fans!

I will institute the same challenge again; 40 votes or one week for the next upload! hanks for reading! 

Recap: Phoenix understood, and stepped back, never taking his eyes from the stone. A crack appeared in its surface, glowing bright red. Urgently now, Phoenix backed up, and the rock exploded. The force of the blast pushed him backward, tossing him into the air. Trying to right himself, Phoenix set HellFire to erupt from his palms, using the force of the flame to orient himself. Ember guided him with her wind, dropping him softly onto the grass.

Enjoy the new chapter everyone!

The Yaagalo stood, his posture suggesting boredom, as Phoenix readied himself. Lighting his body, he sprinted forward, covering the ground between them in seconds. Phoenix sent an orb toward his enemy, testing him. The Yaagalo waited, and sprung out of the way at the last moment, a testament to his under estimation of Phoenix.

The Yaagalo spoke, his tone taunting. “Who are you that you attack us?”

Phoenix slowed his attack, circling his opponent. “I am Phoenix of Yaag. Who are you that you attack this city?”

“I am Baskor, son of Aio, of Cutrain. Loyal servant of Demetrius.”

Phoenix stopped completely. “You serve him willingly?”

Baskor nodded. “I do. When this land is under Demetrius’ rule, my name shall be known as one of The Chosen.”

Phoenix raised an eyebrow, resuming his circling Of Baskor. “The Chosen?”

Baskor started circling as well, and the two raised their hands to a ready position. “If those who posses monumental elemental power choose to fight for Demetrius, he shall take them under his wing, and they will be rewarded with powers beyond even their wildest imaginations!”

Baskor sent a wave of flame at Phoenix, who hand sprung out of its way. “There is no way to give a Zuhdalo more power than they already posses! You must know this.”

“Oh really?” asked Baskor, digging into a pouch on his belt.

He spread his fingers to show Phoenix four, small, black, round, stones between his knuckles. Bringing his hand to his mouth, Baskor fanned the stones with his breath, and they glowed red hot. His hand shot toward Phoenix, and the stones flew toward him, glowing brighter as they flew. Spreading as the fell through the air, the stones spread themselves around Phoenix. Phoenix turned and ran backward, but not quickly enough. The stones exploded, causing pillars of white smoke to rise, and throwing Phoenix to the ground.

Raising himself to his knees, Phoenix glanced back at Baskor to see him throwing four more stones. Phoenix rose to his feet and ran again, but to no avail. He escaped any serious injury, but was thrown to the ground again, rolling to a stop.

“Do you see?!” shouted Baskor. “Demetrius has already bestowed powers beyond those of any Yaagalo upon me! I serve him in hopes of being most powerful of The Chosen!”

Ember knelt beside Phoenix then, grabbing his arm and helping him to his knees. He glanced to her eyes, and was surprised to find that he could barely see her. She was almost translucent, her form fading and solidifying as the wind blew about them. Phoenix stared at her, and noted the anger on her face. He had never seen her like this before, and it unsettled him.

She rose to her feet, and Phoenix could do nothing but stare at her back as she stalked toward Baskor, her body almost transparent. “I do not know how you are accomplishing this Baskor, but no more. You will die here, now, by your own hand.”

Baskor laughed. “Do you see how my army waits as I battle you?”

Phoenix looked past Baskor and noticed that indeed, the thousand men simply sat watching the battle.

“They know of my power, and that I will kill you all. They do not need interfere,” he shouted. “I will kill you all, and my name will be sung in our camp tonight.”

Ember gritted her teeth and spoke, her voice dripping malice. “You will never make it back to your camp. And neither will the army.”

Baskor dug into his pocket once more, and removed four more stones, blowing on them quickly. He threw them at Ember, who simply cocked her head to the side. A breath of wind kissed Phoenix’s cheek and he smiled, realizing what Ember had planned. She raised her hands, taking her time in conjuring a wind that blew in from all directions, centered on Baskor. The stones slowed in their flight, and slowly began a track back the Yaagalo. His eyes widened and he turned to run, but a patch of stone wrapped around his legs, stopping him from fleeing.

He screamed as the stones slowed and stopped, one in front of his face, two on his chest and abdomen, and one at his groin. Ember held them in place with her wind while he struggled against the rock holding his feet captive, and screamed. His tortured scream was cut short when the stones exploded, and white smoke obscured his form. Ember sent a whispering wind against the smoke, and it cleared to reveal the two stumps of Baskor’s legs, still stuck in the stone.  

Phoenix raised himself to his feet and came up behind Ember, resting his hand on her shoulder. She turned to him, her form solidifying once more. Wordlessly he thanked her, and she nodded back.

“Let us be done with this bloody business brother,” she said, turning back to the main force, who were rallying to form a line against them.

Lindani and Spedro came up beside them, and Phoenix glanced at each of them, who each answered him with a nod. “There are many soldiers,” Phoenix said. “We need a plan.”

Lindani smiled, and kissed him on the cheek. “I have an idea.”

She told them of her plan, and the four agreed. Lindani pulled all the moisture from the surrounding vegetation, leaving it lifeless and brown, while Spedro pulled a mammoth boulder from the ground. Lindani let the water coalesce into an orb of massive proportions, while Spedro set his stone to hover before Phoenix.

Phoenix braced his body, and called out to the others. “Are we ready?”

“We are,” the three answered in unison.

“Then let us send these sons of whores to hell!”

Phoenix called all the power he could forth, and let it burst forth in the largest, hottest HellFire he had ever conjured.