Chapter 39

Chapter 39

Leah

When we got to the pub it was packed with locals drinking and having a good time. In the corner, in the same place as last time was the gang. The guys looked pissed as they kept knocking back the pints and Lilly and Kate looked a little tipsy too. Gemma I notice wasn't drinking she's most likely driving.

"You want a drink?" Chris asked moving to the bar.

"Jacks please" he smiled at me most likely thinking how classy I was ordering cider. I left Chris to get the drinks and moved over to the others who all screamed my name as I came over hugging and kissing me. It felt nice being wanted, it's been a long time since I had friends I forgot what it feels like.

The pub was busy because there was a rugby game on, Connor and Jake had moved over talking to some guys on the other side of the bar who were asking for pictures. Chris came over with the drinks and I noticed there were no seats so I got up to give him mine. He shook his head but then laughed sitting down and pulling me on to his lap.

Everyone at the table looked shocked but still didn't say anything they just smiled and started talking again about rugby games or whatever, I didn't understand and even if I wanted to I couldn't concentrate as Chris was so close smelling my hair and having his hands around me. I swear it was a crime to be this happy! It must be!

The game ended and the pub cleared a bit but still very busy, a guy was singing on the stage, completely drunk. It was karaoke night and this guy was singing 'like a virgin' which was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

"Give it up to Eric Sanford! Everybody!" we all heard the landlord say into the microphone. We all clapped at the old man who stepped down from the keyboard and back to his pint.

"Right whose next?" the landlord said again.

Everyone was looking around to each other in the pub and everything turned silent because no one was willing to go up and sing. I looked back down and started drinking my drink again and when I looked up from the glass, I felt Chris pick me up from his lap and then stood up, staring down at me.

"What?" I asked which only made him laugh

"Over here!" Chris shouted and everyone looked over at him in shock.

"You're going to sing?" Gemma laughed

"No. Leah is," he said drinking his drink and sitting back in his chair. Everyone looked up and started laughing.

"Do we have a volunteer?" the man walked over to us.

I was going to kill him. I was looking at Chris in shock with my mouth weird open. What had he just done?

"Yes, her!" Chris said and Ben and Paul pushed me towards the man who continued to pull me towards the stage.

"Sing! Sing!" they all sang banging their hands on the table.

"Oh god," I said

"Hello dear, what's your name?"

"Hello...I'm Leah," I said into the mic to the people in the pub.

"Leah!!" Shouted the guys followed the girls "OOHH!" I laughed at them and let my cheeks get redder and redder.

"'Oh sorry but I can't sing..."

"Boo! Leah Leah Leah Leah!!!" they all screamed around me.

"Fine!" I caved.

"...and what are you going to sing for us?"

"Hmmm, I haven't worked that one out yet" I mumbled making everyone laughs but it was true I had no idea what to sing!

"Ok well, you got twenty seconds to work that out. Everyone I give you Leah!" he said to everyone.