“That’s cool. See ya later,” I muttered, sending Ginger head and his woman away with a shoo.

“Don’t forget this is school, Kean. You better not be late on your first class!” he shouted. Always the goody-two-shoes boy. “And promise to sign up this year! We need you officially in the pack!”

“I’m not a mutt,” I snorted distastefully but he was too far away to hear. I hated it that they call themselves a pack. The football pack. What, they think they’re a bunch of stinking werewolves? It was Jam who nicknamed them that – she’s such a fantasy freak – and together they flaunted it on everyone’s face like it was a perfectly common name.

Pack, I mentally snorted, still unable to digest how they find that word cool.

“Keannie!!!”

Cheerleader Hayley Hawthorne in a small black tank top, short shorts and purple pantyhose approaching. I grinned automatically.

“Hi sweetheart, you smell nice,” I whispered huskily as I kissed the top of her pencil straight blonde hair. She giggled loudly.

“Whatcha doin’?” She snuggled too closely against me. Oh well, she’s soft.

“Chick hunting,” I said as I watched the other girls enter our school. She casually pulled my face down to meet her gaze.

“Why search when I’m ready and available?”

Girls. “Later, sweetheart. I’m busy.”

Translation: Not interested.

She didn’t remove herself from me. In fact, she wrapped her delicate fingers on my shirt collar.

“I’m better than Olivia Wells, aren’t I?” she stated in a cold voice. Wells is her rival when it came to the title of the ‘school slut’. “You’re not going to her, are you?”

"What made you think I'm waiting for her?" I raised a brow.

She pressed herself closer against me. Easy, slutty and artificial. I wonder why guys even bother with her kind. Having them once was great, but I could never see myself keeping them.

My definition of hell.

"We're perfect together. You shouldn't make me wait any longer. I'm the jealous type," she stated in a voice that made my skin tingle with disgust.

“Easy babe,” I drawled in a low, monotonous tone. Two words and Hayley flinched in alarm. People in this area knew all too well that when I go serious on you, you would prefer to hide under a rock and die alone. “Don’t go bitch on me. First day, remember? It’s our first freaking day.”

“Promise me, Kean,” she insisted.

“Who are you to demand me?” I growled. So annoying.

She frowned but went away as quickly as she came.

"Seriously," I breathed to myself when she's out of earshot. "what a whacko."

Two girls walked right before me, sending me a scent too strong and too floral to ignore. I watched them as they strolled away. They were both wearing skinny jeans. I whistled as I checked them out from behind. Wow, those are two gorgeous asses.

I smiled. Finally, back to business.

My eyes roamed to a pretty brunette passing by. She was chatting with her friends, and among them she was the best catch. She had the curves in all the right places. Unfortunately, she seemed like a v-card holder. I don’t play with inexperienced ones. They never end up good.

Then, another brunette caught my eyes. She’s a bit too thin for my liking, but she seems like a good prey. C-cup. Nice hips. If I was not mistaken, she’s a junior. She noticed me staring and smiled seductively. My answering grin was full of implications.

Okay. The game was on.

The school bell rang just as I was about to approach her. Not wanting to have our beloved principal nagging us for a very premature tardiness, the students were all in a flurry of hurry. It was then that I realized my things were still inside my car. It took me a full minute to fix the scattered supplies in my back seat. Then I ran. It took me another minute to realize that I left my phone in the car. I had to went back to the parking lot to get it.

Swe-et.

I was jogging towards the entrance when I heard the second bell. Damn, I’m late.

Instead of heading to my first class, I detoured towards the admin office. It was a school policy for the late ones: get a permission slip from the office or else you’re not going to be accepted to class. Miss the first class and the second class won’t accept you. So on and so forth. Talk about discipline. That’s why I hate this among private schools.

I felt a tug on my sleeves. I turned around with a scowl. “What?”

Bright hazel eyes gazed at me offended, causing me to feel a bit ashamed at my rude behavior. I didn’t apologize though; kings never did.

“Can I ask where the admin office is?” A petite blonde tilted her head in a questioning manner. Her voice was soft, melodic, almost like she was singing.

“Are you someone’s sister? If not, the grade school department is on the other building,” I replied curtly. I hated being late. Sorry, but she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Kid, or no kid.

She laughed softly. “No, no. I’m a transfer student and this is the right building. I assure you.”

“Oh.” I sighed. “Freshman?”

Her small, angelic face was framed by soft, luscious waves reaching down to her waist. With her reserved smile, she was definitely alluring. She was wearing a satiny white strapped dress that hugged her curvaceous figure like a dream. By all standards, she was beautiful. Doll-like. But she was too young to be played with. I bet she even had her Barbie with her. Kidding.

“Senior,” she replied smugly. I was taken aback. No, that’s an understatement. I literally stopped dead in my tracks.

“Seriously?”

“Don’t judge by my height.”

I am a six-footer. She is probably a foot less than me. Imagine how we looked like from afar. Awkward much, but doesn’t normal height usually reach at least 5’4’’?

“I’m headed there. Wanna come along?” I asked curiously. What a rare specimen. Didn’t her parents even think of giving her growth pills?

She smiled faintly. I liked how plump and firm her pink lips are. I bet they’re as soft as they look. “Yes. Thank you. I think I’m kinda lost...”

“By the way, I’m Kean Montenegro. You?”

“Nikki Cruz.”

Nikki.

“I’ll be your tour guide then.”

“That’s so nice of you.”

I smiled mischievously. Yeah, I am sooo nice.

"I'm a senior too. We might have some classes together," I commented wistfully as we walked side by side. I flashed her my trademark smile. It didn't seem to affect her though.

"You're right," she replied in her musical voice. What, no 'I hope so' or 'I will love that'? And why was she staring ahead and not at me? Whenever I was with a girl, she couldn't take her eyes off me. Seriously, I am that hot!

Is she not interested with me? Does she have a boyfriend? I wonder...

Change of plans. I had a new target.