Chapter = 14

I would like to dedicate this chapter to Raznimz. Thank you so much for being there right from the beginning. Your comments inspire me always. Thank you so much for being there...

>lots of hugs and kisses<

-dreamer37 (Shine Hope)

Chapter = 14

Cherryl groaned when the shrilling sound of alarm clock along with the rain playing drums on her window pane reached her ears. She turned over, trying to block the noise that thing was making from her bedside table. After trying to sleep for five minutes she sat up and punched the 'off' button. Grudgingly, she got up from her bed, grabbed a towel and made her way to the washroom.

After getting dressed in her usual attire she grabbed her side bag and made her way out of her room. She was hit by a strong smell of something burning as soon as she stepped down the stairs. She heard the clattering and sizzling sound coming from the kitchen and made her way towards it.

As soon as she saw what was happening she felt like fleeing from the house.

Claire was in the kitchen; cooking.

To say that Claire was a horrible cook would be an understatement. It was illegal to use Claire and cooking in the same sentence.

"Good morning my lovely ladies." Her mother's enthusiastic voice reached her ears and she turned towards her.

The huge smile her mother was bearing turned into horrified expressions when she spotted Claire in the kitchen, trying to turn some gooey thing in the pan.

"Good morning my dear mother and darling sister. I made breakfast for you both. Come on, take your seats." Claire said and transferred the gooey thing into the plate.

Both Cherryl and her mother looked at each other and then around the house trying to find an exit but one look at Claire's angry glare made them drop their unwilling bodies on the chairs. Claire placed the plates with brown sticky material in front of them, followed with a glass of some mango juice. Cherryl grabbed her spoon and poked the food, cautiously as if it would turn into some jelly like alien and run around the house.

"What is this?" Their mother asked and let out a nervous laugh.

"These are my special pan cakes." Claire replied enthusiastically.

"Pancakes! These are pancakes?! Aren't pan cakes suppose to be round and spongy and solid." Cherryl said in a horrified voice.

"These are my special pancakes. If they would just look like normal pancakes how would they be special." Claire let out a laugh, looking at Cherryl as if she was dumb.