Band Camp!

Hey my wonderful spinners!!! So for most of us band camp is fast approching......(inster sigh here). So I thought I would put up a chapter dedicated to the wonderful 2 weeks of band camp! So I have a few tips and tricks from events that occured at my school last year, so to help you guys out I though I would post them!

1. Drink LOTS of water. You are running around all day and sweating out any water that you have in your body.

2. Make sure you are getting salt into your body. Drinking too much water can be harmful, but the salt that you take in changes the ammount of water you can take in. I suggest drinking gatorade/powerade. For every sip of water you take, take a sip of gatorade.

3. Make sure you are wearing sunscreen! If your school does what mine does and you have 2 weeks of band camp and then the week after you go back to school you really want to wear sunscreen to prevent getting sunburned.

4. Wear a hat/bandana, something to cover your head so you don't get sunburn/sun poisoning on your head.

5. Wear light weight/colored clothing. It will keep you cooler over the course of the day.

6. Make sure you are eatting healthy! You don't want to pass out on the feild......trust me it's not fun.

7. Make sure that you bring your enthusiasm!! It will be easier to make it through the day if you are in good spirits.

8. If you are allowed bring a pair of sunglasses do bring them! You may end up staring towards the sun all day and that could give you a major headache!

9. Bring some electrical tape! It will become your best friend and you never know when you might need it! It comes in handy!

10. If you wear glasses bring your glasses case just incase something happens to your glasses.

11. Leave your cell phone inside! You will have a bag of stuff that you bring outside but try to leave your phone inside. While you are on the feild you will not need your cell phone so why bother having it outside with you? It will only be a distraction for you. That and if it gets that hot out and if your phone is in a bad spot in your bag it could over heat and really get messed up. 

12. Make sure you bring sneakers. Something comfortable that you can move around easily in. Do NOT wear sandles or flip flops your feet will want to just fall off and die at the end of the day, and if this is your first season do not wear your performance shoes to band camp. My guard wears archless shoes (I have a feeling a lot of you do too) they will also kill your feet!

Well that's really it. Besides making sure that you bring your drill sheets to every practice! I am not going to rant about that. So anyway....good luck!!!