Catch Me If You Can

"Freeze! Put your hands up where I can see them!"

The words were yelled as headlights and spot lights flashed on, the one thing I was not expecting at that moment.

Startled, the can of spray paint dropped to the ground and rolled down the parking lot. I didn't know how many policemen were behind us, not wanting to turn around or look to see how many of us had gotten caught. I saw one of us who didn't get caught in light's view make a dash for the back alley behind the now spray painted building. So much for being in this together.

That meant that there were only two of us left including myself. I could hear my heartbeat in my ears as I knew the trouble that was about to come. But they weren't aware of why we had been doing this, why three highschool students were vandalizing the local flower shop. Well I guess two now that one of us ran to safety, leaving the two of us to take the full blame.

"Now why are you two kids here?" I heard a stern voice say as the distinct sound of boots got closer and closer. 

"Y'see officer, its a long story actually..." I heard my best guy friend, Tristan say no more than five feet away from where I was. That meant that Cali had made the dash, I should've known if given the chance she wouldn't tarnish her straight A, never tardy reputatiion.

But I held my breath, waiting for Tristan to continue the story of why we were destroying Cade Valence's family's business...oh boy...