Chapter Seventeen

"Iris, are you done yet?"

            I jumped violently; nearly toppling over on my pants, which were sprawled out on my bathroom floor. "In a minute!" I called back, running a hand through my hair to mess it up a little.

            "Well hurry up! We have to do our makeup to, you know!"

            Ignoring Chloe's impatience, I turned back to the mirror. In it, a stranger was staring back at me. A stranger wearing way too much make up than usual, a just-above-the-knees, blue-to-white dress, a silver necklace, silver bangles, and a pair of white heels.  To top things off, she was gorgeous.

It was hard to believe that girl was me.

            I had to give myself credit— for not wearing make up much, I really knew how to work it. For once in my life, I actually thought I looked better with it. Maybe wearing a little more every day wouldn't hurt things...

            I shook my head. No. I didn't need to make myself too pompous.

            "Iris!"

            "I'm coming!" I snapped, snatching my pants from the floor. "Geez!"

            When I opened the door, Chloe gasped in surprise, her eyes scanning my body. Cindy popped her head around Chloe, a wide smile spreading across her face. I shuffled under the attention, dropping my gaze.

            "You look hot!"

            "Oh, shut up."

            "It's a compliment," Chloe told me, slapping my bare shoulder. "Who thought you'd clean up so good? Although, for someone who wouldn't even change in front of me and Cindy, you're showing a lot of skin."

            I rolled my eyes at her. "You guys better do your makeup before the limo gets here."

            All of us shared an excited look. Before the limo gets here... It was strange saying that. It was only Snowball, not prom, and yet we were still taking a limo to the school. That was only because of Gold though. And Cindy. She'd insisted we get ready at her house, so we could actually take the limo. Otherwise we could've walked from the dorms.

            "We can share a mirror," Cindy offered, stepping around me. "I think we only have like five minutes."

            "That's not enough time—"

            "You better hurry then."

            I laughed at Cindy's remark. Contrary to my thoughts about Cindy's personality, she wasn't as shy of a person as I'd figured. In fact, she reminded me of Chloe a lot. Both girls were hyper and pushy. Cindy could be calm, but her true personality seemed a lot less demure than she usually acted. It was kind of refreshing— and at least it wouldn't be awkward now.

            A sudden knock on the door startled all of us. After exchanging surprised expressions, I moved forward, opening the door to reveal three young men in black dress suits. My breath caught in my throat as I took Gold in. Handsome couldn't even begin to describe them. Noah had his hair gelled back stylishly, Luke kept his hair messy, and Rian had seemingly got a hair cut, making his hair look straighter than usual.

            "Is Iris here?" Noah asked, his eyes widening as he took me in.

            I blushed, scowling at him. "I am Iris!"