You And Me: What's Left?

Both my eyes felt swollen shut.. But I could see and feel the sun burning my face and body..

It took almost all the energy in my abused and mangled body to sit up from a pool of my own blood..

Causing me a few painful moans..

I looked around through my beaten eyes to see the people I loved, my family.. Lying in a pool of their own blood..

My eyes inched tears one by one slowly and softly..

Even though I wanted to waterfall them..

My eyes wouldn't let me..

" no god.. " was what I managed to say while the tears kept talking for me.

Then I saw Carl..

I couldn't tell if he was knocked out or dead..

Please don't be dead..

Was all I could think.

I crawled on my knees to him, careful not to hit any of them..

" Carl, baby.. Carl.. Please wake up.. " I began to shake him gradually getting harder with ever shove..

I knew he was gone..

but I didn't want to believe it.

I cried like I hadn't cried before into his chest.. the tears were overwhelming high..

His chest started to move, up and down slowly..

I looked up at him..

And put my face to his..

He opened his eyes..

My breathing hitched..

My eyes widened..

" Carl.. " I whispered..

His blue eyes struck me again like needles..

Like it was the first time I'd seen them..

" Carl! Carl! Carl! " My voice echoed in happiness.

He pulled me into a hard, tight embrace like it'd be our last..

" Ella, my god.. I thought you were dead. I thought you were gone " he held onto me with morose in his voice..

Once we'd let go of our embrace, we inched our eyes slowly around the room to see our slaughtered family..

Then real tears came out of his now darkened blue eyes..

" Dad! Oh God no! " he screamed..

Rick's chest pumped up and down slowly as Carl stood over his..lifeless body.

" Oh Daryl.. I'm so sorry.." I cried into the crook of his blood soaked neck.. I'd lost my first father.. Now my second..

" oh god.. " Carl's high toned whispered echoed..

I'd pulled my face from Daryl and attached my eyes onto Carl's shaking body that stood over Rick..

Rick's low tint, nearly blackish blue eyes slowly opened, and his low breathing hitched within a few seconds of the new revealing..

Then he stood up..

Reaching at Carl slowly, as he readjusted to his new found body..

Carl couldn't help but let tears trickle down ..