Poll Results

It's getting towards the end of the show, all the rookies and pros were invited back out for the elimination. Mike and the rest of the pros were up at the top of the ramp, I was next to Alex near the ring with the rest of the rookies for the elimination. Mike's idea for me to stand down there with Alex. Matt Striker got talking again.

"Okay, the votes are in. The WWE Universe as well as the WWE pros basically have decided which one of you do not belong. But before we reveal the poll I would like to very quickly, get the thoughts of the rookies. Who do you think should be eliminated and why?"

Matt goes over to Michael McGillicutty first.

"Who do I think should be eliminated? Take a look at this guy down here in his 'I Got Lucky' shirt. First of all he says he got lucky to be here, so why not just go home?" He says to Lucky Cannon.

"Okay, Kaval who should be eliminated and why?" Matt asks Kaval.

"Hey to be honest, it's about making an impact here in world wrestling entertainment and Lucky I'm sorry, but you just haven't made that impact."

Lucky just laughs.

"Showtime Percy Watson, same question." Matt says moving on to Percy.

"You know man it's kind of hard for me to pinpoint one guy, because I think each one of these guys have done a phenomenal job until this point. You know what I'm saying? So I can't really answer that question. And I don't know who deserves to be going home."

"Ugh, I got to get an answer from you Percy, come on man. Your future's on the line." Matt says demanding an answer.

"I'm going to go ahead and say Mr. Alex Riley right here man."

Alex and I stand there, just laughing.

"Mr. Alex Riley, because he talks too much. You know what I'm saying?"

Alex goes and talks back to him smiling and what not.

"That's right."

"Okay, Lucky Cannon. Who should be eliminated and why?"

"I think anybody standing here but myself should get eliminated. No one has put in the time, the effort, the guts and wants it more than me. That's the key thing, I want this more than anybody standing here." Lucky responds.

"Okay. Big Husky Harris, who should go home and why?" Matt says moving on.

Alex and I stand there watching him, to see what he'll say.

"Lucky Cannon. He has not even won a match."

Matt moves on down to Alex.

"And finally, Alex Riley same question. Who should go home and why?"

"Well besides you, because I'm tired of your stupid questions, and I think you're a nerd. Uh..." he breaks off smiling and laughing, which also made me laugh as well.

"I have to say, Michael McGillicutty might as well be eliminated because I will win this contest and we're only 3 weeks away from that. So get ready buddy!" he ends smiling and laughing.

"Okay! It's time to see the NXT poll!"

We all stand there looking at the titantron for the poll. The poll comes up and Kaval is #1. He goes nuts of course and so does LayCool. In 2nd was Michael McGillicutty, he didn't seemed so happy about being dropped from the #1 spot. Kofi was up at the top of the ramp clapping in approval. In third place was Percy Watson, and he was relieved to be staying in the competition. I was getting impatient, because I want to see Alex in that lineup soon. In 4th place was Husky Harris. Are you kidding me? Cody was up at the top of the ramp clapping and everything. Matt started talking again.

"Lucky Cannon please step forward. Alex Riley please step forward. For one of you, the dream will continue. But for one of you, your dreams will end tonight. Let's see who's going to be eliminated."

We all look up at the screen. It's down to Alex and Lucky. Come on, Alex better be that last person. He just has to be in that #5 spot. And we got the results. Alex was number five and Lucky was number six. Alex stays in the competition! Alex didn't seem too happy about being number five, but thank god he made it.

"Lucky two questions. First what are your thoughts on the rookie ranked number one, Kaval? And then secondly, what are you parting words to the WWE Universe? Take over kid, go ahead." Matt asks Lucky.

"Yeah, my thoughts on Kaval is, it is what it is. I'm not even going to go there alright? My parting words to the WWE Universe, I'm not going to do what everybody thinks I'm going to do and flip out." he says pretending to flip out.

"But I am wondering one thing. I'm wondering if the WWE Universe has been enjoying NXT season two as much as I have. I mean it's a new adventure every week. We've had a giant rambling on about a mustache trying to intimidate people. We've had Husky Harris running through walls. We've had a cheap, poor imitation of Charlie Murph- I'm sorry, Eddie Murphy. We have a nine year old little boy who sounds like Barry White. Listen I said it once, I'm going to say it again. I want to thank each and every one of you for this opportunity and this is not the last you have seen...of Lucky Cannon." With that he hands Matt the mic back and shakes his hand, then as Matt is talking he shakes the hands of all the rookies.

"Thank you Lucky. Universe say goodbye to Lucky Cannon!"

He walks up the ramp, shaking hands with a few fans. Alex is standing next to Matt smiling as usual.

"And now you Alex Riley. Let me ask you something. Do you think there's something about your in-ring style or maybe your attitude that is disconnecting with the WWE Universe. And if so, what're you going to do to change it before it's too late?"

I shake my head no to the comment about his in-ring style and attitude.

"Disconnecting from the WWE Universe. Well two weeks ago Matt, I told you that I am not here to cater to the WWE Universe. And I will not change who I am to do that."

Up on the ramp, Cody Rhodes is clapping his hands in approval of that comment, and Mike is shaking his head in approval and mouths 'good'.

"I'm still trying to figure out how in one week I went from number three to number five, and the only thing we're evaluated on is kissing Carly here and I think I gave it one hell of an effort! Now I will prove in the next three weeks, and next week when you tune in to Monday Night Raw, that I will win this contest and go on to one day being a WWE Champ." Alex explains, then handing the mic back to Matt.

"Folks, let's hear it for the five remaining rookies!"

I cheer and clap for Alex.

"But guys, don't get to comfortable gentlemen. I have a little bit of news for you. Next week on NXT, we're going to have a double elimination!"

Alex smiles.

"We're going to find out who is one step closer to becoming the WWE's next breakout star, when NXT continues next week!"

The music goes off and I start talking to Alex telling him that he will make it to the end, and that I believe in him. He goes and talks to the other rookies after telling them that he's going to win this thing. Everyone starts heading up the ramp, I hold onto Alex's arm and we walk up the ramp together. Once we get up to the top where Mike is, we all walk backstage. They head to the lockeroom and get changed, and then we head back to the hotel for a couple days of relaxation before we head to the next city for Raw and NXT.