You And Me: Defenseless.

EDITED JUNE 6TH 2018

"They still aren't back yet?" I asked walking down the stairs and Carol picked her head up to shake it no. She looked back down and it was evident she was crying. I felt so bad because I knew she thought it was her fault whenever it wasn't at all.

In reality, it was my fault that Judith was gone. If I'd just stayed with her, she'd here. She wouldn't be out some where in the woods, scared or hungry. Goodness she's only 3.

"We thought the same about Sophia." Carol choked out, looking me dead in the eyes. I was beyond speechless, but she wasn't wrong.

She unhooked her eyes from mine and trailed them to the window, her eyes widened and she stood up.

"Oh m-my-

Carol choked and I looked outside to see what she was staring at. As I moved the curtain, I saw Lincoln on the floor gripping his throat that had been slashed open. I ran outside and dropped down to Lincoln. I held his throat as tight as I could and I knew that there was an artery around it that I could put pressure on to stop him from bleeding out. 

"L-Lincoln, hold on! I c-can-

There was absolutely nothing that I could do to save Lincoln and we both knew that. He tried so hard to say something, but that wasn't going to happen. I wondered if he tried to tell me who had done it to him, but there was no way I was going to find out now. 

I pulled out my knife and he stood still. He stopped struggling and let a tear fall from his eye. He knew I would have to kill him right now or he'd bleed out and become a walker. I plunged my knife into his temple and felt awful. We lost another family member and this does not get easier. It will never get easier and that was a fact.

I ran inside to ask for help with Lincoln's body but I was hit upside the head and knocked out cold.

-

Rick held his face into his hands as he sat on a rock, he was so exhausted.

"My three year old daughter is just out there, Daryl!"

"Had to have missed something, but her tracks just stopped whenever she went outside of the house. It don't make much sense, right?" Daryl asked genuinely confused.

Rick's blue eyes become a darker shade and he looked as if he knew something had happened. He knew to himself that somebody had to have take Judith from right outside of the house. It was just a matter of finding out who.

-

I opened my eyes slowing, with a tape on my mouth. I had a major headache and laid on the floor completely confused. I saw a body in front of me and realized it was Carl's. He was unconscious and breathing, but I tried my best to grab at him. My sides were on fire as if my ribs were broken.

Carol was on the other side, with a bleeding forehead, as she was tied up against the stair post. She was fully conscious and crying under the tape. I smiled a little just knowing she was alive, but then I heard the back door open. 

I was expecting it to be the person who did this, but it was just Michonne.

I sighed in relief and squirmed to see her. I tried to sit up and held my hands for her to take the tape off of my wrists. She kneeled down and shoved my wrists away from her and shoved me back down.

It then hit me, she was the one that did this. 

An all too familiar voice sounded from the stairs as the person came down them. 

"Well good afternoon!" The person that spoke with the familiar voice belonged to the infamous Doug.

"Michonne, take that tape off of her mouth." Doug ordered and she snatched it off without a care. It caused me pain, but realizing Michonne had betrayed us for all these years really hurt more.