Dr. Mohannad Barakat has Special Expertise in Trauma and Orthopaedic

Dr. Mohannad Jamil Barakat has been working in the field of Trauma, Orthopaedic and Spinal Surgery for many years. He is competent in all aspects of trauma surgery ranging from simple to the most complex of trauma cases. His experiences include all emergency trauma surgery, external fixation and frame ring fixation for fractures, hip fractures, long bone fractures, humeral fractures, all hand and knee fractures, ankle fractures, and paediatric spine fractures/injuries. He has expertise in the field of elective surgery as well. He has performed elective procedures having significant experience in various operations particularly spinal surgery.

His qualifications include Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (Trauma and Orthopaedics), Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons, The Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MB ChB) and B.Sc. Neuroanatomy honours. He was awarded with several honours and distinctions in the areas of anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, pathology and orthopaedics. His specialities include ENT, General Surgery, Cardiothoracic Surgery and Emergency Medicine. He has given useful presentations at local, national and international levels.

Dr. Mohannad Barakat is also involved with the teaching and examination of students, junior and senior doctors at various stages of their education, allied professionals, and theatre staff at local, national and international levels. He is the holder of Oxford Teaching the Teachers Certificate, and is an examiner on the Miller FRCS Course. He is also the reviewer for the British Medical Journal (BMJ), Journal of Joint and Bone Surgery (JBJS) and the European Journal of Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology (EJOST). In his free time, he likes playing basketball, football, volleyball, football, tennis, and cricket. He loves socializing and going out. Travelling is also his hobby which he pursues with great passion. He is fluent in French and English.