Hangovers And Rainy Days

"Stefan, come on!" I called, walking towards his room. "We're going to be late for school!"

I shrugged on my leather jacket, with my phone in my hand and my bag in the other. Me, being the completely graceful person I am, kicked my toe on one of the cabinets against the wall, and tripped.

"Gah!" I shot my arm out and caught myself on the edge, avoiding getting my face slammed into the ground. Unfortunately, when I did this, I dropped my bag and all of it's contents spilled out. I glared at the cabinet.

"Who put you there?" I asked. Great. Now I was talking to inatimate objects.

I sighed and crouched down, gathering the stuff from my bag and shoving it back in, muttering violent death threats. I finished and slung it on my arm, and started to stand up. I froze momentarily when I realised some one was standing in front of me. I recognised the shoes immediately. It was Damon.

I was still up holding my decision. I hadn't spoken to him once, or even looked at him for a whole day. Yes, I know I was being stubborn, but I really didn't like Andy.

"Good morning," he said. I didn't look up at him, but I knew he was looking right at me. So I did what I usually did when I was ignoring them. I stood up and walked past him, not even looking at him.

"Seriously?" I heard Damon call from behind me. "You're really going to keep ignoring me?"

I didn't respond, I just continued to walk towards Stefan's room.

"Fine," I heard Damon mutter. "Two can play at that game."

I didn't bother knocking on Stefan's door, because I knew Elena wasn't here, so I wouldn't walk in on something disturbing.

"Come on," I said, entering the room. "Before Christmas would be nice."

Stefan looked up from where he was putting on a shoe. Amusment flashed in his green eyes and he stood up.

"Since when are you so eager to go to school?" he asked, picking his bag up from a table.

"Because I've recently developed this huge crush on Alaric," I said sarcastically. "Being away from him makes me feel like half of my heart is gone."

He laughed and rolled his eyes. "And this has nothing to do with your fight with Damon?"

"I can't imagine what you're talking about Stefan," I replied innocently.

"If you say so," he said. "Let's go."

"So what's really going on with you and Damon?" Stefan asked.

School was finished and we were at the Grill with Elena and Jeremy, who were getting drinks.

"I told you," I answered. "We got in an argument and now I'm ignoring him."

"I've known you for a century and a half Marni, I can tell when you're lying," he said, giving me a look.

I sighed. "Well, you know how much I like Andy," I said, and he nodded. "She threatened me, claiming that I had a crush on Damon, which I don't, and yeah, I kinda pinned her up against the wall and said I'd rip her heart out, but that part doesn't matter," I added quickly. "So I spoke to Damon about it, asked him when he was going to dump her, and he said he wasn't going to, and he is clearly doing this just to annoy me. So, therefore I decided to not be his friend any more, and ignore him."

"I see..." Stefan said slowly.

"And you think I'm being ridiculous," I said flatly.

"No, not at all," Stefan said in his understanding tone. "I think you're bing a little stubborn, but that's who you are. Don't worry, I get where you're coming from."