Chapter ~ 3

Chapter 3

I pulled up in Marcia's driveway; she said Chase was her neighbor, so I took a deep breath as I walked over to his front door. Urg why am I nervous!

I knocked on the door with slightly clammy hands, damn pull yourself together Ethan; it's just some gu... Whoa, I take it all back he's a god! My eyes traveled down his chest, which seemed to be bursting out of his unbelievably tight shirt. I wonder what it would be like to just run my hands up... and then through his dusty brown hair. Urg, and then his eyes – his eyes alone was enough to turn me on... eyes which were now staring at me confused with a slight hint of fear... Crap I've just been drooling over him while he's stood right in front of me. Real smooth Ethan, real smooth.

"Um er, I'm Ethan" I muttered awkwardly.

"Quinn" He spoke in an amazingly sexy husky voice, reaching his hand towards me for me to shake. I took hold if it, only to jerk it away in a second when a weird current seemed to soar down my arm.

"Um" I muttered, not meeting his gaze as I walked passed him. What the hell was that?! My head was a mess as I walked into what I guessed was the living room, to see Marcia sitting on the floor while two girls sat next to her, going through a pile of video games.

"Hey man," Chase waved to me as he lay across the sofa.

"Er, I'm gonna head out and get some gas for the journey" I heard Quinn's voice behind me and didn't look up to see him, as I heard him walk back down the hall and out the front door. Urg what a Douche! Why did I do that?! That must have been the worst first impression ever. I scolded myself throwing myself on the sofa with a kind of growl- kind of moan. Why's he making me confused, embarrassed and frustrated all at once? I haven't even said more than two words to the guy!

"ETHAN!" I snapped open my eyes, only now realizing that I'd closed them in my annoyance.

"What?" I frowned looking at Marcia.

"Well, you just zoned out and hadn't even spoken to us."

"Oh er sorry?"

"Wrong answer! Say hi to Chase will you for my sake, did your mother not teach you any manners?" she sighed exasperated, and the two girls giggled on the floor beside her.

"Oh right, sorry man. Thanks for letting me stay here for the weekend" I nodded to Chase, and he shrugged, and that was the end of that conversation.

"Hey mister, are you any good at Wii?" One little kid asked jumping onto my lap and hitting my head with what I guessed was a Wii remote.

"Yeah better than you" I grinned holding the girl at arm's length, before throwing a desperate glance to Marcia. She knows I... How can I say it without sounding awful... ah, what the hell! I admit it- kids get on my nerves. Marcia was almost crouching over as she erupted in laughter.

"Yeah Alice, go play tennis with Uncle Ethan." She gasped between laughter, and I threw her A death glare as she began to walk out of the room, leaving me alone with these... creatures.

"Yeah I'll leave you too it then man" I heard Chase chuckle slightly and then follow Marcia.

"Hello, my names Alice." The little girl said confidently exaggerating her name. "And this is my sister Mia!" Urg overconfident slightly embarrassing kids. I swear I was NEVER like this when I was their age!

-

"YES! Reigning champion!" I grinned turning around in a slight victory dance.

"I don't wanna play anymwore!" the little one cried throwing her remote on the floor and running out of the room.