Chapter 10: Mommy & Me

It was a beautiful Saturday morning and Kayla decided to get up and pack Kelsiee's backpack for their fun filling day. Kayla hasn't had the time to spend quality time with Kelsiee. She might've always been there for her, but senior year has been extra work lately. After Kayla finished packing, she pulled out some money out of her secret place and stashed it in her small backpack. Uncle Lenny knocked on the door as Kayla answered it.

"Good morning, You and Kelsiee want some breakfast?" Uncle Lenny asked in a sleepy voice.

"Good morning, no thank you. I'm taking Kelsiee to iHOP." Kayla opened the door wider. "You wanna come?"

"No I'm fine. I'm going to eat some cereal." Uncle Lenny rubbed his eyes. "Kelsiee still sleep?"

"Yeah surprising right? She's usually up already and watching cartoons." Kayla giggled. "She's about to get up though."

"I know and alright I'm going to leave you guys alone now." Uncle Lenny closed the door.

Kayla sat on the bed beside Kelsiee and woke her up gently as she slowly opened her eyes. Kelsiee slowly rose up from her sleep position and rubbed her eyes. She didn't look too happy when she woke up, so Kayla kissed her cheek multiple times and began to tickle her stomach quickly. Kelsiee started to fill the room with her adorable laugh. Kayla giggled at Kelsiee and instructed her to head to the bathroom.

As Kelsiee trotted to the bathroom, Kayla picked up her cute outfit and headed to the linen closet at the end of hall to pick up a washcloth. She then headed to the bathroom with Kelsiee. Kayla began to wash Kelsiee thoroughly while Kels talked about her play date with Miguel yesterday. After Kayla finished washing Kelsiee, she dressed her up in a cute outfit and sent her out to watch tv as she got ready to wash up for the day.

Kayla showered up for 15 minutes and then dressed up in a nice casual outfit as well. After she came out the bathroom, she fixed up Kelsiee's curly, poofy, brown hair and also straightened her hair. The girls headed downstairs and they told Uncle Lenny goodbye. Kayla picked Kelsiee up, locked her in her booster, hopped in the car, and put her seatbelt on as she began to drive.

It took Kayla 30 minutes to get to IHOP due to traffic. As the two arrived into the restaurant, they got a lot of awes from other people. The girls didn't have to wait in a long line, so a waitress took them to a booth for the two of them. The waitress gave Kayla a menu and a coloring sheet for Kelsiee. Kayla needed a booster seat, so her daughter could sit up higher. In 5 minutes, the waitress returned with a booster seat and Kayla put it beside her. Kelsiee didn't want sit by her mother, but she wanted to sit across from her. Kayla smiled, put the booster seat across from her, and helped her in the seat.

"Is that better?" Kayla asked in a concerned tone.

"Yesss it all bettuh." Kelsiee began to color.

"That's good. So you want pancakes right?" Kayla looked through the menu.

"Yes. You too mommy?" Kelsiee smiled and took a glance Kayla.

"Yes." Kayla paused. "Can you read?"

"No, but I know pictures." Kelsiee giggled. "Why you ask?"

"I just was making sure." Kayla said in a serious tone. "So what kind of pancakes do you want and what drink you want?"

"Um..I want strawberry pancakes." Kelsiee stopped coloring. I want apple juice tooo." Kelsiee whined.

"Oooo that sounds good. You can have that." Kayla put the menu down and checked her phone.

"Yay mommy." Kelsiee cheered as the people around awed at her.