Chapter Three

Come on naughty naughty children. You know how I loves you with all my heart, so even though I have no more votes, here is another chapter.... I give in too easily :( lol

ENJOY!

~

Dustin's P.O.V

Lunch was actually good for once. 

I actually laughed while in school. Can you believe that? 

And Aisling is great. I finally had a friend. 

Friend? 

That sounded weird to me... but I could get used to it. 

I was still smiling in class. Aisling was sitting beside me at the back as Jane and Memphis walked in. Jane looked ready to murder someone. Typically Queen Bee, had to have everything her way. She couldn't stand that things might be changing. 

Memphis was calm and fairly expressionless... as always. I watched him take his seat.

God he was damn sexy.

He just had this natural animal magnetism that I couldn't resist. I'd never wanted something so much in my life. And it was even more depressing, because I would never have it.

The teacher came in and began handing out worksheets. She paused for a moment - her eyes on Aisling and me for a little too long as a look of surprise came across her face. Then she smiled warmly and handed us our sheets. Everyone in the class was sending us looks. I tried to ignore them as best I could.

"... Recreate a scene from Hamlet for the class," Aisling was reading off the top of the pages we'd been handed. She jumped in her seat and looked gleefully at me. I groaned and started thinking of ways to murder the teacher in her sleep.

"Yes! I can't wait to do this. We should do the scene where Ophelia tells Lord Polonius about Hamlet. You'll play Lord Polonius, of course." Aisling was far too excited for her own good.

"What if I want to be Ophelia?" I asked with a straight face. Aisling faltered.

"Ah... sure... if you want. Yeah, that's totally fine," she smiled.

"I'm kidding. I really don't want to do this at all," I whined, putting my head down on the table. Someone, please, just kill me now!

"Tough," Aisling told me simply.

"That isn't comforting," I groaned.

"It wasn't meant to be," she chuckled. 

The rest of the first half of the lesson was spent rehearsing our small paragraph of lines and then the second half we were to preform them. 

To me disgust, Memphis paired up with Jane after she whined for nearly ten minutes about how Aisling had abandoned her. They were up first.

I watched Memphis in awe. Everything about him demanded your attention. He was mysterious and sexy, his voice smooth as it carried around the room without him having to raise it even a little. His body moved naturally, and he was an excellent actor. I didn't even look at Jane once. Everyone clapped when they finished, but I was still in shock. Half the girls were squealing and fawning over him.

"Aisling and Dustin, you're next," the teacher said. Aisling jumped to her feet and then turned and dragged me out of my chair to the front of the room. I stomped my feet to show great discomfort. One of the jocks put out his foot to try and trip me; but I - being so used to this sort of thing - dodged it easily. Being bullied so frequently had crafted my reflexes to cat-like perfection. This made the jock sneer at me, but I was used to that too.

But once up at the front - knowing Memphis was watching me - I wanted to do a good job.

"How now, Ophelia! What's the matter?" I began in what I hoped was a confident voice. My hands were shaking at my sides.

"O, my lord, my lord, I have been so affrighted!" Aisling replied. From our little practicing I knew she was an excellent little actress. Even if I sucked, our performance would look good. This thought made me more confident. 

"With what, I' the name of God?" I continued. Frowning at Aisling like she'd told me to. 

"My lord, as I was sewing in my closet, Lord Hamlet, with his doublet all unbraced; no hat upon his head; his stockings fouled, ungartered, and down-gyred to his uncle; pale as his shirt; his knees knocking each other and with a look so piteous in purport, as if he had been loosed out of hell. To speak of horrors,--he comes before me." Aisling tossed her head back and looked morbid. 

I had to suppress a smile. I couldn't believe I was acting out Hamlet in front of the class, all confident like, with my actual friend

"Mad for thy love?" I asked her, taking a step forward. 

"My lord, I do not know; but truly, I do fear it." I chanced a glance at Jane, who was frowning; she must have known how good an actor Aisling was. Memphis and Aisling would have been good together. 

"What said he?" Aisling turned to me and clutched my wrist. I noted how soft her hand was. 

"He took me by the wrist and held me hard; then goes he to the length of all his arm; and, with his other hand thus o'er his brow, he falls to such perusal of my face, as he would draw it. Long stayed he so; at last, a little shaking of mine arm, and thrice his head thus waving up and down, he raised a sigh so piteous and profound, as it did seem to shatter all his bulk and end his being: that done, he lets me go: And, with his head over his shoulder turned, he seemed to find his way without his eyes; for out o' doors he went without their helps, and, to the last, bended their light on me." Everyone in the audience seemed in awe at her. I felt rather smug about it. Though, admittedly, I didn't understand a word of Shakespeare. 

We continued. And thankfully, I only stumbled over my lines once. I was grateful that in this scene Aisling had more lines than I did. I didn't think I would have been able to get through it otherwise. 

Finally, we finished. And though I felt a little hot, I felt good about our performance. 

"Very well done," the teacher nodded to us. Aisling slapped me a high five and we went back to our seats. No one tried to trip me now.

I resisted the urge to look at Memphis as we sat down; just to see his reaction. 

But I wanted to. I wanted to so badly.

~

Mouki out~