Lost in a Dream, Found in a Nightmare -Intro-

Darkness had fully consumed the room as if she was in a dark abyss. She coughed as the black smoke settled into her lungs. It was as if she couldn’t breathe. The precious oxygen that she had taken for granted all these years was slowly being pulled from her very being. She coughed hard she felt she was going to die here. No one could hear her, it was all over.  Flashes of deep red filled the smokey room. Defining the small quarters she was being held in. Screams could be heard, someone was shouting and yelling to be saved. Then the sounds suddenly stopped. A doorway opened and she saw a dark ghostly face look at her with a smirk and a knife in his right hand. She tried to move but was weak due to lack of oxygen. She tried to scream but nothing came out.

“Ryann!” Her roommate Jemma nearly shouted and shook the poor girl awake. “What’s up with you Ry?” Jemma sat by the bed beside Ryann, looking over her with concern in her eyes. “Was it the same dream this time?” Ryann nodded in response breathing in and out heavily.

“It was only a dream?” Ryann said trying to convince herself. Her chest was heaving and sweat beads were all over her face.

“You know you scare me when you have your night mares.  You screamed so loud, I thought u were in trouble. Its maybe time you get this checked out. If you know what I mean?” She said as she stood up, pointing to her head a signal for her to see a psychiatrist. Ryann had heard it all before. And she was fine she didn’t need to be going to a damned psychiatrist. She believed all they’d do was say she was crazy give her medicine and send her off.

Ryann’s past was nothing but a fuzzy suppressed memory and she wanted to keep it that way as long as possible. Her life was great now and her past didn’t matter anyway. So what if every now and then she had the same recurring night mare. That’s something she could live with, right? At least she hoped she could live with it.  She laid her head back on the overstuffed pillows, of her twin bed and thought to herself. It was just a few years back when she had no place to go.