Chapter 1

“Yea man, I mean shawty was baddddddddd, when I say bad I mean like supa supa baddd like OH MY GAWDD baddddd!!” Kay told me as I quickly grabbed a slice of pizza and took a bite, eyes still focused on the 72 ‘’ TV that displayed the Call of Duty video game we were playing.

“What she look like though?” I asked between bites.

“Pretty ass brown skin, soft as all fuck, ass so phat I definitely needed a lap dance. I don’t even remember what she looked like, son. I just remember that ass… and that smooth ass skin. Mm mm mm” Kay replied, rapidly pressing buttons on the controller, killing one of the people running across the screen. She jumped up in victory and started screaming, “Woooooooo!!!! That’s what I thought nigga! Who da champ?? Huh?? Who da champ? ”She yelled victoriously. I never understood why she got so amped about this game. I honestly just played it with her so she could have someone to play with. I never really liked the game much to begin with, but Kay had been one of my close friends for about 4 years now, so when she wanted to play and talk about girls, I usually joined her. Plus, the stories she told were just…. Comical.  So when she asked me to come over and let her tell me about some new girl she’d met at the strip club, I was all for it.

Her character finally killed who she was aiming to kill, while my character walked around aimlessly trying not to die. I didn’t mind though. I was pretty tipsy by this point and we were getting ready to roll up yet another jay to ride out the rest of our Friday night.

“Son! I aint even tell u the best part though!” Kay said, grabbing my attention. I looked at her waiting for whatever it was she was about to say. The excitement in her eyes was jus screaming ‘this is something your shy ass is gonna have to be outgoing for’. Knowing her as well as I did, I awaited my fate….

“She got a friend…” Kay said with a big ass kool-aid grin on her face.

My moment of truth was all in the way I replied... I already knew I’d look like a punk that couldn’t talk to girls if I didn’t at least seem half excited but I hated being set up. I hated awkward moments. I hated being put in a situation where I had to try to “run game” and be that over cocky stud “playa” type that everybody expected of me. It’s like, since I’m comfortable in men’s clothing and have an aggressive demeanor about me, people expected me to be the outgoing one that does the chasing. Honestly, I liked when a woman chased me. I HATED approaching women. So being put in a situation where I had to show off the mack game that I didn’t have was nerve wrecking for me. I knew what would help calm my nerves, though. Alcohol.

I looked over at Kay with a curious, yet excited, look. “Oh yea? What she look like?” I asked seemingly interested. This was it. I just threw myself into yet another uncomfortable social situation.

‘That’s what I get for having outgoing friends. But hey, hopefully some of them will rub off on me’ I thought.

-----

Two hours, 2 blunts, and an unknown amount of shots and beers later, I was laid up on the love seat with the girl Kay had set me up with. Kay was on the other couch laughing at something her stripper friend was talking about as I sat there, inebriated. The girl that was supposed to be entertaining me sat on the other side of the small love seat with her arm propped up on the arm rest, leaning on it for support. I could tell she was a little buzzed too. She kept looking at me from the corner of her eye. I could also tell she was shy just about as much as I was because she barely said much. She just smiled when we were introduced and periodically looked at me throughout the night. It probably wouldn’t have been hard to start a conversation with her but the alcohol mixed with the weed had an opposite effect from what I expected. It had me paranoid as hell.