7. What Awaits On the Other Side?

What awaits On the Other side?

Lawrence

After a few twist and turns we were at Marianne's house. We drove through the gate, past all the cars that were on the side of her long driveway and up to the front door. The car coming to a stop before the side of the house next to several garage doors. The house itself a large plantation home with several add ons from over the years.

"Wait here, someone will be with you shortly." I said to Melanie as I stepped out of the car. Then shut the door behind me instantly before she could ask me why and probable protest against it if I told her.

"Kyle I'm sorry to steal your new girlfriend for a few minutes." Not really caring anyways as Sissela came out with a case in her hand that I knew she always had on hand if she needed. Now being for me that I was grateful she was willing to help me out. Not like she wouldn't being as I was her favorite cousin.

"It's okay Sissela is the best at what she does." Kyle said in a cutie's way. Rolling my eyes at the irritation that was already going to raise in me from these two.

"Oh stop it you two. I was just a hairdresser and make up artist for a little while." She said in a flirting manner. Damn these two are going to make me sick with there lovey doveyness.

"Okay, well she's in the car. Make her look presentable for the family." I said showing her to the car. "Thank you." Giving her a wink that as kids always made her giggle which never changed hearing it come out shaking her head at me.

"Your welcome." Sissela said with a smile as she opened the door to the car, shutting it behind her.

"So who are you having Sissela dress up?" Kyle asked clueless to what I had just said. Not surprised seeing he was all involved in everything Sissela to pay attention to the outer bubble that he had created wanting to play a little with him.

"My birthday present." I said honestly with a chuckle guessing exactly were his mind was going. Instantly worry taking over him with his eyes going round.

"Your having her do the wolves hair! What are you thinking! What if it bites her! Wha....." I put my hand over Kyle's mouth to shut him up and fast for being a idiot. Sighing that his mind obviously isn't fully here still to even think I would put my cousin in danger. His efforts in vain to get out of my hold. His hands tight around my wrist but wasn't strong like Ace to get out of. Kyle more of a guy I kept around for small stuff I needed and was a good friend then a partner in the business. Some of his skills good to have around when needed for something specific.

"What did he say this time?" Ace sighed walking up from the side of the car, seeing me with my hand over Kyle's mouth still as he tried to pry it off. Pauli grinning at his lack of awareness as he started to walk towards us before the entrance to the house. Music you could hear blaring inside with random shouting and roar of laughter every so often. The party still growing strong, not surprised sense my family knew how to party.

"Talking to much." I said as we both chuckled seeing Kyle's face starting to turn blue.

"I think he can't breath Lawrence?" Pauli said now joining us at the foot of the steps to the front door. His hands in hands in his pocket relaxed as I turned to see he was right.

"Oh your right..." Pulling my hand away from his mouth. "Sorry about that Kyle." Brushing off his shoulders as he drew in a large breath of much needed air. Surprised he could even last that long without it. 

"Jees you didn't have to do that, I'm just worried that's all!" Kyle said trying to breath in as much air as possibly needed. Rubbing his face where I had my hold on him. Forget that he wasn't the strong type like the rest of us. Mostly into lazing around then working out that he very much need to do.