Chapter 2

Photo again from the amazing photoshoot! I would like to thank the model night_fall312!!!! You look great in the photos! :

Chapter 2 - Zombie's Don't Exist!

~ELLA~

Ella stood, staring at the thing in front of her. Was She still asleep? she thought. Eric couldn't be a zombie. Zombies don't exist! Zombies couldn't exist! But by the way the thing moved closer, Ella knew she wasn't dreaming, and that it was real. It moved slowly, leaving its mouth wide open the whole time. It was missing a few teeth, and what was left of its face was all scratched and bloody. It looked at me from one eye as the other lazily looked the other way. There was dirt all over its body too, probably from crawling out of a grave!

It took for the thing touch her before she screamed and ran upstairs. Ella sprinted to her bedroom and slammed the door shut behind her. Locking it, she backed away from it quickly.

She could hear it stomping up the stairs. Oh my God, it's coming to get me! Her eyes widened in realization. In the movies, the zombies always ate people! Was this thing - was Eric going to eat her? Ella could feel tears roll off her cheeks. I'm going to be eaten alive. She wiped the tears away and tried to pull herself together.

Fight it! a voice in her head yelled at her.

Oh great! Now I'm hearing things! Maybe I still asleep. Yeah...I'm just having a nightmare.

Ella heard Eric groan again and she froze. Was she really asleep? That groan was very close. Too close...

Fight it! her conscience yelled again.

She frantically started looking around for something to fight it off with. The best thing Ella could come up with was a pencil. She stared at it. A pencil against a man-eating zombie? It's the only thing I have!

Ella grabbed it and stared at the door, waiting. She could feel the pencil sliding a little because of her sweaty palms, so she gripped it harder as the stomping grew louder.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

Then it stopped. And so did Ella's breathing.

Suddenly, zombie-Eric's hand burst through the door. Ella shrieked when his hand went through her door again, but didn't move a muscle. When it finally came down on about the fourth try, Ella was staring into those brown eyes. She took a deep breath and the smell of rotting flesh filled her nose. Ella felt like she was going to throw up. The Zombie groaned and it stepped inside her room. She swallowed hard and reacted.

It's now or never.

I took a step forward it and stabbed the pencil into its forehead. It moaned. The sound was not necessarily a yell, but it was close to one. The Zombie fell backwards. For a second, it did not move. I froze. Had I killed it? Had I just killed a Zombie version of my boyfriend?

I slowly bent down, trying to get a good look at it without getting too close. Suddenly, it opened its eyes and groaned again. Ok, clearly that didn't work. Plan B.

I turned to run when it suddenly grabbed my ankle, making me fall down. SHIT! Zombie Eric tried to me towards him. I tried to get up, practically digging my nails into the floor as I struggled. My head snapped around to face it. I stared into its eyes. The warm brown eyes of my Eric. Tears started to fall again, but I ignored them.

The Zombie suddenly grabbed my ankle with both hands now, pulling me closer, and much harder this time. I screamed. I could see it moving in, about to sink its teeth into my leg. My body finally reacted, and I kicked it in the face. It let go of me, and I struggled to get up. I could hear it groaning again, but I kept running, praying I didn't trip on anything.