Wicked Fan Fiction: After Elphaba's Death

chapter one:

"oh good Oz where is the hatch!?" Elphaba screamed to inner self as water was thrust upon her. "don't forget to writh in pain, you wicked witch", she wryly added on.

She opened the door just in time for her to finish 'melting' and shouting her 'final words'.

"haha, the Wicked One is finally gone"

"the wretched woman will never hurt anything again!"

"three cheers, for the witch is dead!"

"hurrah...,hurrah..., hurrah!"

All of this she heard as the mob was strolling away from the castle. People had heard of what happened and wanted to see for themselves. "Refrain from breathing" she thought as she crouched in the contraption Fiyero had come up with. He really wasn't brainless. He also thought of the spell that turns your skin and clothing temporarily waterproof. Elphaba was packed in tight and her muscles were begging to unravel. "Don't move, she thinks you're dead".

"Elphaba?"

"Elphie.....?"

Silience.

"NO! YOU CAN'T BE GONE! Why did I do this to you, my friend!? I'm responsible for everything! I could have stopped that awful woman from killing your sister. I should've stood by you instead of protecting my own worthless image. I did everything to keep my popularity and look where it got me! No one cares about me. Fiyero left me for you because you actually had something to offer beaides social know-how. I don't blame you, Elphaba. PLEASE COME BACK! I need you! No one loves me. Only you, Elphie, you saw past my fake exterior. Now I have to go back to the people who despise you and sing to them about how happy I am that you are gone. I have to pretend that I adore The Wizard; I have to kiss his face and act like I actually look up to the man who helped in your demise."

Elphaba listened to this sad monologue in quiet melancholy. She wanted so desperately to climb out of her cage, run to Glinda and hold her forever. Her best friend could never know that she was still alive. She knew that Glinda wanted herself and Fyiero safe. It wad also in Glinda's best interest that she never knows. If Oz found out that Glinda the Good knew that the Wicked Witch and Fiyero, now a scarecrow, were still breathing, they would put Glinda on trial for treason and she'd be...

Killed.

"Her blood will not be shed because of me", Elphaba thought.

Glinda rose from the cold floor of the castle and walked towards Elphaba's dress and hat which were still damp from that girl in the blue frock who threw the water. She was sore from sobbing and was still hiccuping every few moments. Tears started welling up again as she remembered the memory of her and Elphie at the Ozdust Ballroom. Elphaba walked down the steps right into the middle of the floor and started dancing when she knew she would be scoffed at. "She was always so brave...I, on the other hand, am a sorry sight next to her", Glinda wispered to herself. She picked up the hat and dried it off to the best of her abilities. "The hat really did fit you, my dear. I'm so sorry for the way I gifted it to you. It wasn't right of me to give it to you because I disliked you at the time. Black IS the new pink. How ironic. Especially now that you're gone. My bright and cheery clothes feel fake. I'm fake. I don't deserve this life." Glinda grabbed Elphaba's dress and cried into it. when she was done, she folded it, and a green vile fell out of an inner pocket and into what looked like a gutter. Glinda watched it fall into darkness, moving too slow to save a memory of her best friend. She sighed and hiccuped once more.

Elphaba gasped a little too loudly when she saw the glass bottle that was her mother's fall into her lap.

------------------

Author's Note: Please, please vote and follow!! I would really appreciate it! :) Thanks for reading!