His Dark Touch - Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - My Vampire Stalker

Lissa P.O.V.

Along with the pain and self disgust that comes with my curse; comes extreme curiosity. Like right now, I watched Parker joking around with a bunch of boys -I contently forgot to see the group of girls- and as you've probably guessed. My first and last love. The temptation l had to touch him, to see what he thought of me, was overwhelming.

I mean, What if he liked me? And I liked him? And we both did nothing?

Or, a darker part of my mind thought, I could find out what he likes to make him want me. I shook my head. Be strong Lissa, be strong!

I looked back down at my book, the words blurring into uninteresting ink patterns. Well, uninteresting compared to Parker.

"Isn't it funny how empty the world seems when your dead." I jumped at Peyton's voice, my very alive best friend. I glared at my eccentric best friend.

"Hey Peyton" I said ignoring her comment altogether.

"I told you I'm dead, I'm a ghost, and all you can say is 'hey Peyton'! Where's the tears?" She sounded outraged.

I sniggered inside, I looked over at my BFF. Her heavily made up eyes glared at me, her black hair hung like seaweed down her back, sporting the occasional neon green streak. She defiantly had a slight gothic vibe. Peyton wore a really short, neon green tutu and black leather jacket.

"I'm crying on the inside Babe." I pulled my shades down to wink and then stuffed my book into my satchel.

"I'm an actress! I act on reaction, I can't work with unportrayed emotions!" She pointed at me and waved her arms around theatrically.

That's Peyton, your typical drama queen, and me, I want to be a teacher when I grow up. I like the thought of teaching others and solving problems with others. Makes me feel useful and needed.

"So I saw my Honey Bee looking at the Pic-n-Mix." She turned to me as we walked to class, throwing an arm around my shoulder. "Whose the eye candy you settled on?" She moved her chin up, in a way of gesturing to the group of the popular guys- and ultimately Parker.

I snorted and played it cool. I do love my Peyton, but I put on an act on around her, she can't ever know what happens to me when I touch things, so I don't ever consider her telling her anything true. It's sad but it's better this way.

"How about you? Anyone disserving of Peyton-love?" I raised my left eyebrow and shoved her with my shoulder lightly, she giggled as we walked into my first class. Yes, mine- Peyton has no respect for the rules or school so she comes into my class in till she gets kicked out.

She plopped into the free seat beside me and made herself comfortable. "Puh-lease! Non of these boys can handle me!" She grinned cheekily, to which I rolled my eyes.

She's right, most boys would be terrified of her.

A hush came over the class as the teacher walked in. Peyton pulled out an art pad and started a perfect drawing of an elephant. It resembled Mrs Young- so much so I giggled as she added glasses to the creature.

Mrs Young trudged over, and her face turned red as started screaming at Peyton, she just looked calmly back- as if she were some slightly amusing child having a tantrum. "Get out!" She screamed finally, to which Peyton slowly gathered her stuff, she winked at me and left. Mrs Young glared at me, and I hated that she disliked me because of Peyton, but I wouldn't give Peyton up for the world.

I started my English essay, in till Mrs Young brought the attention back to her to announce something. I looked up and gaped. "This is Jasper. He's a new student. He's starting off half way through the year, so be nice kids." Mrs Young's voice was as patronising as usual, as she welcomed the VAMPIRE into our school!