The Fitz Baby

-Aria's POV-

"I'll see you tonight?" Ezra asks under his breath, looking around the mostly empty room. The bell has just rung moments ago, and kids are too wrapped up in their own lives to care about mine or Ezra's at the moment. "Of course." I say. "That's the plan."

"Great." He says. I smile at him and walk out of the class room and into the crowded hall. I wonder if he noticed I seemed nervous?

Probably not. He usually doesn't pick up on those things unless we're alone. But tonight we will be alone, and I'll either be perfectly normal, and casually mention how I thought I might have been pregnant, and that we need to be more careful. And he'll look relieved and tell me that it won't happen, not until we were married and living in that beauitful beach house in California we saw on tv and dreamed about living intogether. Or, I'll be a mess, and have to tell him that our hopes and dreams of being a cute little family in California with the perfect 2 children and a little pocket sized dog, with a dad as a school teacher and a stay at home mommy, will be turned into a nightmare of a dad behind bars, a teen mom, and Rosewoods small neighboor hoods full of murdering, lying scandelous evil people who I would hate to raise children around.

I walk into the womans bathroom, and count my blessings that no one's in there. Just me. And maybe, but hopefully not, the Fitz baby.

I lay the test down on the sink and wash my hands. I hear the late bell ring, and know I'll probably skip my History class anyway. How do you sit

in class knowing your pregnant? But I guess I don't really know yet, not for sure anyway. Not until I pick up the little white stick off the white counter. And as I pick up the stick with my pale, white hand, I feel anything but pure, clean or white. I feel dark, dirty, and guilty. I pick it up, and know that soon

I'll have the guilty evidence of my dark and dirty acts under my shirt. I'll be the sixteen year old pregnant girl, who's baby is her English teachers.

The door to Ezra's aparentment opens. "Hey." He says. "You ok?"

I don't answer but walk in. "What's going on?" He asks. "You're starting to scare me."

"I've been trying to talk myself out of what I'm about to tell you." I say, "And I'm really sorry I even have to tell you at all. I wish it wasn't true."

"Aria..." He steps closer to me. "It's ok, Babe.. Just tell me what's wrong..."

I sigh. "Can we move to the couch?"

He nods and we go sit down. "I don't know how to say this..." I say, my eyes filling up with tears.

"Just say it... You're pregnant. Aren't you?"

I just silently nod my head.

He draws in a deep breath and covers his face with his palms.

Some girls would think that because of this, their boyfriend's would break up with them. Or worse, hate them.  But I wasn't afraid of that. I knew Ezra better than that. But to see him like this, obvious fear in his eyes, hurt just as much. "I'm sorry." I say. "I'm really sorry."

He turns toward me. "Look at me."

So I do.

"It's not your fault. It's just as much mine as it is yours."

"At least you don't have to walk around your highschool pregnant for nine months." I sigh.

"I know. I'm sorry for that. But if it makes you feel any better, I'm going to do my very best to protect you from them. From anything that'll harm you."

"And what do you plan to do about the morning sickness?" I laugh a little now.

"Well I guess all I can do is try to make you as comfortable as possible." He says, serious.