Chapter Twelve

I hope you enjoy this chapter guys. Thanks again for your comments I read them ALL.You guys are the BEST! I really do mean that :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry was helping Luna with her potion by telling her to add a sprig of peppermint.

"It doesn't mention that in my book." Luna whispered.

"But it does in mine." Harry leaned forward to whisper in Luna's ear. Luna felt a shiver run through her body as Harry's breath brushed agaisnt her skin.

"But if it turns out wrong then I'm going to blame you for it." Luna teased and Harry smiled and gave her the expression to trust him.

Harry then went back to his seat, but turned around to look at Luna once again. Luna smiled at him as she added the sprig of peppermint to her potion.

Luna had her fingers crossed behind her back and was biting her lower lip as she waited for a change. Her potion then turned bright yellow like what Proffessor Snape was expcting. She quickly gasped and stepped closer to her couldron.

A huge smile of relief took over her, and she began clapping to herself. Harry was also happy and gave her the thumbs up.

The entire class was surprised that Luna was the first to finish. Hermione stood there puzzled as to why her potion wasn't looking like Luna's.

"But I followed the instructions that were written in my book." Hermione complained to Ron who stood next to her.

"Maybe there's just someone better than you in this world." Ron quickly replied back and turned away.

It was as if Ron had punched Hermione in the stomach; she was looking at him in complete horror and disbelief.

Before Hermione could say anything, Proffessor Snape took the attention of the whole class as he walked towards Luna.

Proffessor Snape was looking at Luna in disgust. His eyes then turned to her couldron and gave the expression that he was not impressed.

"Luna Lovegood is it?" Proffessor Snape asked as his eyes remained fixed on her potion.

"Yes."

"I'm surprised you were the first to finish." He added. "You must have had some help, am I right?"

Luna struggled with her answer. She didn't know what to say. How did he know, she thought.

Draco was looking smug. He knew the answer to that question and he was hoping Luna would tell the truth. Draco wanted Harry Potter to get punished.

"I d-didn't." Luna braved to lie. Proffessor Snape looked at her and frowned.

"And I'm supposed to believe that?" He fired.

Luna remained silent. Her eyes then became swollen with tears and she quickly turned away to Harry's direction.

"Am I suppose to beleive that?" Proffessor Snape yelled.

"No." Harry stepped forward and looked at Proffessor Snape in the eyes.

Everyone around him began to whisper, but Draco was looking angry with Harry's bravery to save Luna.

"Silence!" Proffessor Snape fired. "Harry Potter. I'm not surprised you're always the culprit."

Harry was silent.

"Where did you find out about the sprig of peppermint?" Proffessor Snape demanded as he was looking deep into Harry's eyes.

"Sprig of peppermint?" Hermione repeated the words to herself as she remained confused.