Alfie

"Thanks for saving me there. What's wrong?" Zoe asked as she pulled her arms away from me. We were in a hotel in London and apparently I had just 'saved' her from Jack Harries. Since when did her showing affection towards me only happen when she needed saving?

"Nothing, I didn't realise you were just using me to save you from Jack," I grumbled before walking away from her to go and talk to Jim. Part of me felt a bit bad, I had probably hurt her feelings but the other part of me did not feel bad one bit. I wasn't just there to be her hero.

This trip was going to be fantastic.

__________

"Here you are Alfie, you're rooming with Jack. Marcus you and Caspar are together" Lucy was walking around the lobby of the hotel handing out everyone's room keys. Of course I would be rooming with Jack.

After Lucy had passed everyone's keys out people started to grab there stuff and make there way to their rooms. I caught up with Caspar. "Hey Caspar man, want to switch rooms with me?" I asked with a hint of pleading in my voice. 

"Why?" he asked, slightly confused, he continued to walk up the stairs to the second floor where all the boys were.

"Ummm no reason I guess," I really couldn't think of what to tell him. I hate Jack's guts and he likes Zoe even though I've loved her ever since I met her. Ya, I didn't think that would be the best thing. 

"I think it's best if we stick where we are," he said with a grin. He continued to walk but I just stood put not moving. Fantastic, I was sharing a room with one of my least favourite people ever. 

_________

"I'll have this bed, you can take that one," Jack said swinging his suitcase on top of his bed. He started to pull out his laptop and get settled. I groaned. 

I was trying to keep a positive outlook about all of this, but it was impossible. I was sharing a room with Jack Harries, Mr. Perfect. It was terrible. 

"Soooo," Jack drawled whilst looking around our room in all of the cupboards and such. "Tell me about Zoe, I mean you two are good friends and all. Is she interested in anyone?"

In my mind I though, not you, you attention seeking jerk, but aloud I said, "I don't know."

"Oh come on, you guys are almost inseperable, you have got to know. I think I want to ask her out," he said with a grin.

My stomach started to churn, there was no way that was going to happen. 

"I don't really think she's looking for a relationship," I said quietly as I started to pull out my laptop and plug it in. 

"We'll see about that," he said winking at me. "I'm going back down to lobby to hang out with everyone else, want to come?"

"I'll stay here, thanks," I muttered under my breath. I waited until the door clicked shut before pulling out my phone. I would have to tell Zoe what was up. I almost texted her, but instead opted to call.

"Hey Zoe, can you come down to my room? We need to talk," I said this almost urgently and was very pleased with her answer.

"Be right there," then she hung up. I clicked my phone off and sat down on my bed waiting for her to knock.

After five minutes had passed there was a soft pattering on the door. I stood up quickly and opened the door. Zoe was standing there with a large smile on her face. "Is everything alright Alf?" she asked walking into my room.

"Not really actually," I said quietly as she sat down next to me. "Jack is going to ask you out and I really don't want him to, and this is going to be a horrible trip," I said all of this quite quickly. Realising the instant the words left my mouth that this would make it seem as if I liked Zoe.

"Do you, Alfie do you like me?" she asked looking up at me. I wasn't positive, but it looked like she wanted me to actually like her.

"Zoe," I started to say. I was going to tell her the truth, I was going to tell my best friend that I loved her. Just then there was a knock at the door.

"Alfie, have you seen Zoe? We have to get going to Gleam Offices, we have to film!"

It was Lucy.

I stood up abruptly and opened the door. "Zoe's here, we're umm ready to go I guess," I said. Zoe stood up and walked over to my side. She nodded.

"Yep, we're ready to go," she chimed in.

Lucy looked at us both quizically and then she just shrugged. She started to walk down to the lobby, Zoe and I following behind.

___________

Filming was over and everyone was hanging out in the main lobby of the offices. There was this large staircase with pretty wide railings. For the past fifteen minutes Jack and Jim had been sliding down them racing. It was obvious Jack was doing it only to impress Zoe.

Zoe was over talking to Lucy when Jack slid down the railing for what felt the one billionth time. He stopped though, looked at me and winked before walking over to Zoe. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. 

Thanks for reading lovelies! xxx