Invisible Lines

This story is by: Sella or SellaLoveeAquaBlue. She asked me to post this on my account so here it iss ((: <3 Hope you like it!! 

***************************************************************************************************

<Elissia> "Elissia, hurry before you miss the bus!" My dad called out from the kitchen. My mom had already left for School, she was gonna be a nurse, but that was another two years. Until then we were still middle class. I mean it wasn't bad but it would be nicer to have more money...And to not always feel guilty asking for money..Like right now I was waiting for the right moment to ask my dad for the 20 bucks for my field trip...  

Oh well...But now I had to catch the bus. My school was on the other side of town and there was no way my parents could take me  and still be on time for school or work. It was so time consuming with my mom's school that now my little brother and sister had to ride with our neighboors to school...Rico my older brother was old enough to drive him self to school he was a Junior and 16.    I ran outside to wait on the corner, but the bus was already there. I boarded it and took my seat it was the one infront of the emergency seat. We all had this thing about not sitting in the emergency seat. Who ever did had to buy us Hot Fries. or Takis but these days Takis (Mexican chips)were in few stores....Mostly just Super Del Centro (Super Center-Mexican Store ; ))   

 But I was the first one on so I never lost at least not in the morning. In the afternoon it was a different story. Haha! I put on my seatbelt not bothering to tighten it, the bus drivers didn't care as long as they heard it click. I settled into the corner my backpack on the seat next to me, you could still smell the smoke from the cigarrette that the bus driver and helper had smoken before coming to my stop.    

I rode a stupid short bus...since I lived so far...:P There were 6 other people on my bus, 3 sixth graders, 1 other seventh grader and 2 eighthgraders and me so 7 in total.    Skyla a 6th grader was next to get on. And then Kevin another 6th grader along with James an eighth grader. Next was Angel a seventh grader and Jasmine a 6th grader and then it was Ben an eighth grader....There were only 3 girls and yes angel was a boy.

   We got to school at seven fifty. I got off and hurried to my locker... Spanish was my first class. I wasn't the only Mexican there was Daisy and Kim taking it with me in the same hour. Daisy, Kim, Angel and I were the only Mexicans in the program at our school for smarter kids and the rest were asian or white only 4 were african american...    Don't get me wrong there were more hispanics and african americans at our school, Adnerson Middle School, but not in our program G.I.F.T.E.D And yeah thre were more in 6th and 8th grades but not in seventh grade.  

 I took my seat next to Daisy...I sat infront of Ronnell...the only african american boy in our program...   Everyone thought and I quote Dreamy hot and oh so sweet...Meaning they all had crushes on him...Me and him were just friends, kinda best friends...  

 "Wassup, Lissia?" I smiled. We did this handshake you know the hand shake? LOL...But I fail at it...This made him laugh...

."Don't laugh at me." I protested and sat down when the bell rung.     Soon Spanish was over and I walked with Daisy and Hannah to my second hour Social studies... I took my seat at my table with Cole, Janis and Angel. And right when the bell rang an office proctor walked in...Not just any office proctor... Samuel Villagranas....My crush since the end of last year... Problem was he's my best Friend whose not in G.I.F.T.E.D.'s brother and he's an 8th grader....     Samuel or Sam as we call him, but really when me and Denise are messing around we call him Sammi...looked my way. And I looked down at my work sheet pretending I hadn't seen him. Out of the corner of my eye I saw him give Mrs. Franks a sheet of paper.

   "Elissia." She called. I looked up and then walked to the front of the class.  She handed me the note. I began doing a happy dance.

"YES! Oh yea!" I stopped when I realized everyone was watching me...Including Sam....  

 "Hi...I'm gonna just take my seat now..So yea..." I waved and sat down. I heard Sam chuckle as he left. I was blushing my head off. I put my head down in my arms...    But the note had said my momm was coming for my at 1:00...Today was Denise's and Sam's sisters Quinceanera. (A Quinceanera is a 15th birhtday party for Latina girls AKA a quince)    Angel was laughing his head off. Along with everyone else in the class.   

  ***

It was lunch time now...We had what the teachers liked to call Recess first but it was really just centers...That no one ever did...    I was talking with Daisy, Hannah and Denise under the tree by the blacktop.

 "So Chica, are you excited for Emmie's Quince? My mom said you could spend the night all weekend since theres no school tomorrow or Monday." Denise announced bubbly. "Ay, Sure...I can wear your clothes for the weekened..." I answered. "Yeah and Hey Hannah can you come over to on Saturday? And You Daisy?"   

 "Naw, I can't me and my family were going to Kansas City its a three hour drive urgg..." I laughed at Daisy who stuck her tongue out.   "Sure. I'll ask my mom." Was Hannah's answer...And then we were joined by Sam the Office Proctor.  

 "Hola, Chica's" Sam said in a girl like voicce. "Ay, Sammi what do you want?" Denise sighed.  

 "Lissi's mom is here for us. Ama is at the church already setting up for Emmie's quince." Everyone had there own version of my name but Sam was the only one that called my Lissi...everyone else called me Lissiella, that was my dad, Ellie or Lissia were what everyone else called me and My mom and Tia Viviana thats denise and sam's mom called my Sia. But when Sam called me Lissi it made my heart flutter..  

 "Vamos Chica." Denise said grabbing my hand and pulling me inside. Sam followed. We went into the office where my mom was waiting. "Hi, Ama!"

"Sia. Rico, Ceci and Eric are with Ricardo and your dad." We all then went outside and got into my Mom's SUV...Soccer mom LOL...And she was..    Denise and I sat in the back and sam go into the front. He turned on the radio and Pitbull's Give Me Evrything came on.  

 "Mami, Tia Viviana said that  I could spend the weekend at Nise's house. Can I?"  As you see we called our moms a bunch of different things...Ma, Ama, Mami, Mamma, or Mom whatever we felt like.    And Tia Viviana her name was really Vivian but everyone called her Viviana.

"Sure, Mija. Is Viviana gonna take you to school on tuesday?"

"Yeah, Tia. My mom can take Lissia." Denise answered. And I don't know if you figured it out yet...But Denise, Sam and I arn't really cousins. Our moms and Dad's grew up together so that's what we called each others parents. Tia, Aunt and Tio, Uncle. That would be just down right disgusting for me to have a crush on my cousin...No offence or anything to anybody that does..Well you get what I mean...  

  Denise then turned to me. "I can't wait to have my quince. My parents started saving for it when I was 7!"    "I know. My parents started when I was 5. Who would be your damas?"  "You, Daisy, My cousin gabby, Megan, Nancy, Madeline, and Fanaya."

"Y your Chambelanes?"

"Hmm...Daniel...My cousin Antonio and my other cousins Ralph and Dimas y sergio and Edgar."  

 "Your Chambelan?" "My mom and my aunt already figured out it would be Adrian." I laughed.    "Nice...I don't even have them figured out yet...Much less my Chambelan."  (Chambelan-You 'date' some onne who can be trusted, Chambelanes-gentlemen of the court, Damas-Ladies)    "I'm sure Sam would be your Chambelan." My mom said.

"Ay. mami! but he's like a year older than me! And plus I thought Tia Rosa wanted Bradley to be my Chambelan." I protested quickly before Denise or Sam could say anything.  

 "Rico's a year older than Emmaline. And you know how bossy Tia Rosa is."  Rolled my eys, I looked out the window we were there. My mom was driving slowly going to park.     I opened the door, the car stil in motion and jumped out. I ended up rolling but I landed safe. I heard my mom park and get out. "SIA! What was that?" She yelled. I head Nise and Sam laughing there heads off. I wlked past her Nise joining me. "Havent you heard Ma? Im a ninja now?" This made Sam laugh.    "Sia, Nise! Your dresses are in the trunk! I don't think you can go anywhere with ou them." She called to us. We laughed and ran back for them.