10: Awake

=== Adara ===

I was super sore. Ugh. I hurt everywhere. I opened my eyes and I was in a hospital setup of my room. My vision was a tad bit blurry on the edges and the world was spinning before it righted itself. Crap.

What the..? How did I get here? It suddenly came back to me. My brothers.... almost killed me. I almost died but I didn't.

Micha knew how to save me. Bless that boy. My head hurt like hell. I looked around and there was Declan next to me, holding my hand. What a sweet boy. Tristan was sleep on my couch and had Rose next to him. Jasper was no where in sight. Hm.

"Dec." I said but it didn't sound like my voice at all. It has too high pitched and croaky. I cleared my throat.

"Declan." I croaked again. He was still sleeping. Suddenly a my door was wrenched open and Declan jumped up. In seconds, he was above me and blocking my view of the intruder.

"Get out." Declan growled

"Not until I see her." A voice said, I knew that voice anywhere. It was Chase.

"Well you aren't going to see her!" Dec growled again

"One of my pack mates saved her life. Unless you would like to see her dead because of it then fine with me. I just need to give her the drink that fixes her system but that's fine. She can die then." I heard steps. He turned around and quickly walked out the door. Declan cursed and ran after him.

'She can die then.' His words rang through my head. I can't die.

Why doesn't he care? The thought of him not caring brought a huge pain to my chest. He shouldn't care because you rejected him, my mind reminded me.

I hated him. I hate his face. I hate his smile. I hate everything about him. I hate how he makes me feel. I hate how I want him. I hate how he found me. I especial hated how I didn't really hate him.

Declan came back then with the drink that Chase brought. It was a red color and it smelt like blood. I downed it. It smelt too good. I immediately felt better.

I could feel cuts close up and my body stop aching. It felt good. I had a lot more energy and I felt like I was floating . I felt super happy and energetic. I started laughing and jumping up and down on my bed. I wasn't tired at all. I really liked whatever Chase gave me. I wanted more of it.

"What was that stuff?" I said as the feeling of wanting more was going away

"I don't know but I have a feeling that I don't want to know. That stuff smells good but it looks like blood. Who knows what that stuff is."

"It tastes good." I commented as I looked around the room. I noticed my siblings suddenly disappeared "Where are the others?"

"They went out to go get some errands done. They'll be home soon."  Declan gave me a small smile.

"Mm. They were just here though." I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. I just saw them!

"You didn't notice them leave?" Declan said shocked

"No. I didn't," I told him.

"Well, don't worry about it. Why don't you get some sleep. You need to rest." He said patting my hand.

"But I just woke up!" I exclaimed

"Your body need to rest- especially after what happened." Declan looked away guilty.

"Yeah, look Declan about what happened-" I started before he cut me off

"- I'm so sorry about that Addy. It was an accident. We were too into our wolves to notice you were a pack member. I can't believe we did that. I feel horrible about. I-" He said to me

"-Shh." I cut him off. I put my finger over his lips. " It was an accident. Nobody blames you but you. Let it go. For me. I don't want you hating yourself over this."

He grabbed my hands off of his face and put them in his. He kissed them and smiled at me.

" Thank you. Hey Addy.." He trailed off

"Yes?" I asked as I rubbed small circles in his hands.

"Is Chase your mate?" He asked bluntly

I stopped rubbing circles for a second and my breath caught in my throat. How does he know? I didn't make it obvious. It must have been Chase who tattled but why would he take so long to say something.

"Where would you get that idea?" I asked quickly, hoping he didn't notice my hesitation to answer him.

He sighed " I'll take that as a yes."

"Declan are you putting words in my mouth?" I asked in a mocking tone. I hoped to distract him so he would forget.

"You didn't deny it or confirm it so that means it must be true." He smirked at me

I pulled my hands out of his. I sighed " Yes he is my mate but I never acknowledged him as it."

"Why not? " He asked shocked

"Because, I simply don't want a mate." I told him honestly

"Addy, how can you be so cruel? You don't even acknowledge your own mate!" He said disapprovingly.

"It's not like he acknowledges me." I said stubbornly.

"Yes he does. He cares about you Addy. He authorized Micha to heal you. He brought over blood to help you survive. He had Micha check up on you and report back to him on your state. He does acknowledge you, but your too stubborn to realize it." He said looking at me.

"Whatever." I mumbled. I had no idea that he cared for me. My wolf was whining in appreciation that her mate cared. I ignored her but I felt my heart clench at myself and how I couldn't care.

"You should try to get in contact with him."  He told me lightly

"No" I growled. I still didn't want a mate, even though I loved the idea that he cared about me.

"Why not?" He asked irritated

"Because I don't want a mate.' I blinked at him

" You're so stubborn." He muttered under his breath.

"I heard that." I lightly shoved him

He laughed and lightly shoved me back " Don't shove me little girl."

I mock gasped " Me? Little? YOU KOALA!" I punched his chest.

"Koala? Is that the best insult you could come up with?" He laughed as he laid down on my bed

"You know what!" I said as I laid down next to him.

"No, i don't know what. Is she a nice person?" He laughed at his joke.

"You suck monkey balls sometimes, Declan." I murmured as I started to fall asleep on his chest.

"Me? Suck mokey balls? Never." He whispered to me. I could tell he was smiling. I fell asleep on his chest and i tried not to think about Chase. Why does he care about me?

___________________________________________________________________________

THERE YOU GUYS GO. LOL. SORRY ITS SHORT. I ALWAYS HAVE WRITER'S BLOCK WITH ADARA! SO HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT.