Locked Out Of Heaven

" Hey buddy, we're almost done with this for Uncle Tyler," I told my little man. I get a text from my dad, " We're almost home." We finished just as they were pulling into the drive way. I ran up to Tyler's side of the truck and help him out of the truck. He moved his eyes and seen the drawing that Alex and I did for him. " You did that for me?" Tyler asked, Alex said, smiling, " yeah, for you," he giggled. Kiki, my best friend, got ahold of Tyler, so I could get a picture for him. I showed it to Tyler, " Can you see it?" I asked him. "Yeah." he smiled, " ' Welcome home Tyler!' I love it." I helped him to the steps. " Kiki help me, please." Kiki got on the other side of Tyler. " On the count of 3, we'll go up each step okay?" Tyler and Kiki both said "Yeah." We made it up the first few steps and almost fell. "Dad help us!" He shook his head no. "Ugh. Hold on let me get behind you." After a few minutes we finally got him into the house, sit down, and Alex in his lap. Dad was on the porch, I went out to talk to him.

        Me- ( I slapped him on the back of the head) What the hell? We needed your help and you didn't do shit. Ever since mom died, you have been a shell od a man. Well damn it, grow a pair and start helping!"

       I stormed off still pissed off. I can't believe dad did that. He seems to just not give a shit. I mean, we all need him to help out, but Tyler needs him more then ever right now.

     Ever since Tyler got hurt, dad seems more distracted. Like it's going to hurt him more to help then to actually doing anything. This is not like dad at all. He is usually the one right there ready to help, but now he doesn't want to do a damn thing. What the hell is wrong with him?

     When I got over to the couch, Alex was still in his uncle's lap. I could tell that Alex was glad to have Tyler back home, he was talking a lot and telling Tyler what we had done while he was gone. Tyler was a little sad that he missed out on all of it. I told him that we would be able to do all of that stuff again soon and with him. That made him happy again. I love seeing my brother happy. especially now.