Chapter 20.

To be in the presence of a royal family while they were in quarrel was absolutely the worst possible thing to imagine.

It was bad enough dealing with a pissed off Alpha family, now with a King, Queen, and a Princess who isn't really a princess is beyond weird and slightly terrifying.

 I sat in my chair and started to slowly slid under. If only I had the power to disappear like Eradesa. If she didn't want to be seen she could make herself and anything else she wanted invisible, and yet here I am stuck with the power of healing. Thanks, that's fair to whoever gave us these powers.

 Liam took my hand making me realize he was still beside me, crap, there goes my get away from the scene act. He put his arms around my waist and held me to him cautiously. I didn't find that very shocking seeing as Ella was about to blow. 

 "What do you mean, 'I am not your daughter' you worthless piece of --!" She screamed in his face that echoed in the room, I flinched. She had a great set of lungs. "I am the next Queen and so what if my mate is a woman that doesn't mean you have the right to say I am not yours, you filthy son of a-- ." I covered my ears and I felt Liam chuckle but I didn't want to hear her profanities towards her father, or not her father.

 Liam kissed my head and whispered. "She's done." Once she finished her screaming. I removed my hands and placed them over my stomach. I knew I could heal if she were to lash out and start throwing things but I wasn't sure so about my pup. I felt Liam growl. I looked up confused but he just placed his hand over mine.

He was listneing in on my thoughts again.

 "If I am not your daughter then who the --," Liam covered my ears. "Is?" She shouted, looking ready to slap the smile right off the King's face.

 "Wouldn't you love to know? The young lady who you pushed around so often who, very coincidentally turned the same age as you in the same month and year. Now who does that sound like, Cupcake?" The King taunted pinching her cheek and pulling it.

He was being a major ass. If I had found out that I wasn't really a Princess just some pretend stand-in, I'd be devastated too.

Heck, I know that feeling, being told I was adopted when I had a better understanding of the word was devastating.

 "Do you really think I am stupid enough to believe the Beta's daughter is the Princess of Wolves? You're really dim, at least throw me someone who seems believable." She sneered with her arms folded over her chest.

I know it may be rude to even think this but this young lady is definitely not the sweetest peach, or even apart of garden. She was most definitly rotten.

I mean I never say that about anyone except maybe for Polly back at home but even then she's still a hardworking member of the pack.

I feel bad even thinking it.

 I felt Liam chuckling and trying to hold in his rounds of laughter because I still do not know how to close off my end of the mind-link to him and no one will tell me how.

 'She doesn't compare to you and never will. It's fine to think whatever about her, she is a rude, clever, maybe even evil bi-" I slapped his chest before I could hear anymore. He kissed my cheek then nuzzled my neck.

 "She is my daughter and you are just a regular wolf's daughter." He impassively waved her off, then standing up to his very impressive and scary height.

Friggin giant! I knew I was short. "Do not dare insult your princess, Ella."

 He walked out slamming the door behind him while Queen Claira sat in her chair frozen and blinked a few times before getting up and clearing her throat.

 "I am sorry for the chaos of this evening and wish you all goodnight. It is best we discontinue our meeting for tonight. I'm sorry, the guards will show you all out." She said then turning and exited the way the King did.

 I bit my lip trying not to think of how sad that was for not only Ella but Nicole. Her mate is probably experiencing tremendous amounts of betrayal and she would be taking that blow as head on her.

She looked in pain as she went to hug Ella but she only slapped her arms away only to take her hand and drag her out.

I was more than confused and looked to Liam but he shrugged and went to the nearest servant. He was talking to him before he nodded and walked off towards the kitchen. He came back and helped me to my feet as the servant left.

 "What was that about?" I asked as he carried me up the stairs with our guards behind us. Once we were at our bedroom, Liam dismissed them and they all went to their own rooms. I sighed and sat down at the foot of the bed to take off my shoes. 

 "You'll see." He told me kissing my cheek and taking off my shoes. I sighed in relief. I went to the bathroom to go get ready for bed, go potty, and freshen up from the events of today, which were the most tiring thing I've experienced since Liam and I started getting serious. 

 I heard a knock on the door and Liam whispering to someone. Once I was done and walked out I saw a few lights on the balcony. I, being the curious person, went to go investigate. Liam was outside trying to quickly light a fire on a portable fireplace but the fire was taking a while on the wood. It was entertaining to see him get frustrated. A chuckled escaped my lips and he dashed around to meet me.

 "What's all this?" I asked as he took my hand, kissing my knuckles, and brought me closer to him.

 "I thought we could continue dinner out here, I asked the servants to bring up some of the dinner course and desert. I also thought it would be too cold out for you, so I made a fire and have blankets for the chairs." He said taking me towards the table. It wasn't anything too fancy just normal fleece blankets on a porch swing and an outdoor table set was pushed to meet it, of course decorated with all the foods Liam wanted. 

I chuckled, as he left my hold to attemot to start the fire again, "Liam, I have been living in Alaska for an entire winter, this is not cold to me anymore, believe me." Virginia was actually fairly  warm.

 "So who is Cassandra?" I asked once he had the fire going and we had sat in comfortable silence for about ten minutes, just cuddling and listeningbto each others steady breathing.

 "She was the Beta's daughter of the Elite Pack. Her father and mother were really stern people, well I guess they're not her parents. Anyway, Cassandra was taken away a few months ago at Princess Ella's ball because her mate had found her, he is the Alpha of the pack below ours, the Full Blue Moon Pack. Actually we will be meeting her next week in Alpha Matthew's territory. Her mate is Alpha Mason Tyson." He said. 

 That was a bit shocking. I knew I would meet some other leaders but what are the odds of meeting the Princess that doesn't even know she is a Queen to be.

What also came as a shock to me was the name Alpha Mason Tyson... That was the Alpha of the pack Jazmine's mate was in.

 A/N: I mean who expected that? Well, Steffan13 did! You guessed it, Cassandra Edison from My Over Protective Possessive Alpha Mate (MOPPAM) is the King and Queen's real daughter! I don't know how you guessed it but you did therefore I give you a dedication and my props!