The Aftermath

Hey guys!

Again I'd like to start out by thanking those who read, commented, voted fanned, liked and added this story to their library. You have no idea how overwhelmed I am by all your support. In the light of things, i thought i owed you guys another chapter.  Thanks to all your support this story reached #200 and something on what's hot (for which i'm super gratefull for and owe it all to you guys!). So i thought you guys deserved a reward and i felt bad for telling you guys to wait 2 weeks. 

Firstly, as you will soon notice this chapter is in third person omicent. I said on my last chapter that i would write from third person for now on for  various reason and told you that if any of you perferred first person to let me know and i would try to keep it in first person. But no one did and i'm kind of reliefed because i find it way easier to write in third person. So thanks for understanding and i'm really sorry for changing it. I know how frustrating it is to read the same story with different point of views. Don't hate me!

Secondly I know this chapter is kind a blah but the next chapter is really good and you will find out why when you get to the end. So hang in there and bear with me. 

Don't forget to fan, comment and vote!

Well here it is! Enjoy!

Xoxo,Carla. 

=======================================================================

Chapter 4: The Aftermath

Leah sighed as she realised that she must return soon to the pack house for school. The fact that she must face Alex dawned on her and after the horrible confrontation they had the other day, she was startled for a moment. Before coming to the conclusion that she shouldn’t care. Just like he didn’t and doesn’t care. Deep down, she knew she was lying to herself and that she cared. A lot. He was her mate after all. Nothing could change that, not even Alex.

After recovering her clothing or better, what was left of her clothing, she began to make her way back through the familiar woods of Clearwater. The woods were always a sign of comfort to her, just like they were to any other werewolf, but this seemed to change for her. They were now a symbol of her despair and an ever-standing reminder of the rejection she had received from Alex.  Anger boiled in her blood at the thought of him. He had ruined the woods for her and all the beautiful memories she cherished inside it: her and Blake playing as kids, the first time she shifted into a werewolf, her first hunt and so many others. They were all now overshadowed by one horrible memory she wished she could forget.

She always thought that when she found her mate, her happiness would be complete. What a joke that turned out to be. It seemed to have had the exact opposite effect. It shattered the happiness from her life completely and left her in bubble of despair. She felt like life was mocking her by giving her a mate that couldn’t be with her. Not couldn’t. Doesn’t want to.  She corrected. She let out another sigh and continued her walk through the deep woods, hoping that Alex had changed his mind about them. She laughed at her silly wish. Alex wasn’t the kind to make such a crucial decision and then suddenly change his mind. Once he made up his mind about something, it stayed that way. It was something Leah used to admire in him. She liked a person who could live with the decisions they made in life despite the consequences. Alex had done just that countless times as Alpha and it always seemed to be okay in the end. Though she doubted there would be an “okay” for her in this decision that he made.