Chp. 18

for the cool cover design on the side :)

Mwahahahahahahahahahaha >;D

i do love cliffhangers... you're comments were the best, lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                                   =18=

=Kaelyn=

          The dizziness left an unpleasant feeling in my stomach. It happened so suddenly. One second I felt fine, and then the next I couldn't stand up properly. My vision faded in and out, and my head refused to stop spinning. 

          Once the world swam back into focus, I slowly walked up to the prince. He appeared confused and concerned. Reaching out, his fingertips barely brushed against my cheek.

          "You ok, girl?" He asked quietly, peering deep into my eyes. It hurt a little about how much he cared for me.

          No, I'm not ok. My heart hurts with a pain like no other...

          My eyes burned a little, so I blinked to hold any horse tears at bay. 

          "Alright," the prince took that for my answer. "Let's go."

          I couldn't help but feel slightly guilty as the prince sucked in a breath as he mounted. Last night.. I should've known he might've come after me. Couldn't I have held it together at least a little bit better? A thousand scenarios began to play out in my mind, all ending with a perfectly healthy, uninjured prince at the end of each story. They all ended with him being content with my refusal, and he would never inquire about me again. Each one ended with Aurora's eternal disappearance from his life forever.

          Which still remains the ending to this story. 

          Two wounded hearts. Both would heal, but only one of us would receive the scar.

          What's one more to add to my body? I thought angrily. I'm almost numb now.

          And the lies start up again...

          All of these thoughts running in circles in my head were making me feel dizzy again. I attempted to block them out so I could concentrate on the path before me. This subtle sickness that messed with my vision and balance was starting to worry me even more. I prayed that it would just pass soon. Being sick just didn't fall in line with my plans to get us home safely. For my prince I would survive.

          I just walked onwards with no real recognition or awareness of my surroundings. The fog that clouded my head settled in, and I couldn't shake it. So I just kept on moving forwards. Trees and bushes that dominated the landscape to my right slowly started to wave and twist in my peripheral vision. The second I looked over at the forest, they became still and unmoving. Not even the slight breeze wiggled the leaves.

          Maybe I was just exhausted from last night. I didn't sleep very well, or at all really. Could that be why the clouds were pulsing really oddly? They twitched in time with my heartbeat which sounded extraordinarily loud in my ears. Each step echoed and reverberated through my entire body like a drum. My sight faded in and out, and the heavy metallic scent of blood invaded my sense of smell with an intense force. 

          I stopped, trying to calm my ragged breathing. And as suddenly as this terrifying spell appeared, it vanished just as quickly. If being tired did this to you, then I didn't like it at all. It felt so confused though. There have been days when I had been wearier than this, and never before had it felt like this. I tried to think back to what might've caused this. My brain struggled to think coherently due to the mental fog that refused to vanish like the other symptoms.