A date with Your Girlfriend

(CeCe's POV)

"Did you get all your homework done on your free period today?" Nick questioned as we pulled up outside the candy shop after school.

"Yes," I said, unbuckling my seatbelt, "Tell me again why I am going on a date with the girl you like."

"She asked if she could spend some time with you, and I really like her, so I thought it wouldn't be such a bad idea for you to get to know her." He said, waving at Cat as she exited the candy shop and walked toward the car. "Please behave." He added before she opened the passenger door.

"There's my hot date," Cat said, flashing me a big smile and stepping aside so I could hop out, Nick quickly rolled down the passenger window to deliver instruction.

"Have her home by nine and don't get fresh," he teased with a smirk.

"Home by nine am, no showers...got it," Cat shot back without missing a beat, I liked this girl already.

"Behave," he repeated.

"Boy, you sure know how to ruin a date," Cat teased again, and Nick turned his eyes to me.

"CeCelia..." He said in a warning tone.

"Yes, Sir," I answered simply with a nod. Nick smiled.

"Have fun," he added before driving away and leaving me with my date, whom I had only known for the total of two minutes.

"Well then, now that Dad is gone," Cat said, shooting me a smirk. I giggled. "I thought we would go and get something to eat. Sound good?"

"You buying?" I questioned with a smile.

"Of course," Cat said, returning my smile.

"Then yes, I'm starving." I admitted.

"Great, I just have to lock up the shop and we will get going," she said turning and walking towards the front door of the candy store, I followed her inside breathing in the sweet smell of sugar that wafted through the air, a large array of candies lined the walls and was neatly displayed behind the glass cases in the front. This place was something straight out of Willy Wonka. Even the floors glittered, looking like crystalized sugar. "You can grab some candy if you want," she said, locking the cash register drawer into a safe behind the counter.

"No, that's ok," I said, declining as I looked around the brightly colored store.

"You don't like candy?" she questioned cocking a brow.

"No, I do, I just haven't eaten any real food today so it's probably not the best idea," I said spinning the head of a pinwheel that was attached to the wall.

"You haven't eaten all day?" she questioned appalled as she grabbed her purse from behind the counter flipping off the light in the back of the store.

"I wasn't feeling well," I stated plainly walking toward the door.

"Oh, sweetie, we can do this a different time if you aren't feeling up to it," She said her eyes sad.

"No, I'm good now," I assured her steeping out the front as she pulled the door closed behind her and locked it. "I'm actually looking forward to being out of the house for a bit, I've been grounded so it's nice."

"Well, after we eat we can swing by here and you can grab some candy to take home with you." She said with a nod.

***

"So, can I ask you a question?" I said as we sat at our table waiting for our food to arrive.

"Sure, ask me whatever you want," Cat said cutting herself a piece of bread and slathering it with the provided honey butter.