The End

Iris POV

I can see Mom's eyes watering up. My Dad is already a crying wreck. I can feel my cheeks flush pink. Jesse smiles up at me and gives me a thumbs up, right at the back where she had managed to sneak a reserved seat. I scan the crowd for someone inparticular. An ache in my chest rises when I don't see them. Principal Brooklyn was getting carried away as she always does in speeches. I see Mom beginning to take out the camera. I almost roll my eyes, at every possible moment in time my Mom whips out the camera. 

"And now for a unexpected speech for our head graduate, Iris Dale!" 

WHAT?! The room erupts into clapping and I stand there frozen. What?! No one told me about this! Principal Brooklyn laughs into the mic.

"Seems like our Graduate is experiencing some shock. Come on, Iris." She beckons me to the mic. What else could I do? I stiffly walk over and shoot her a questioning look. 

"The students, parents and faculty took a vote and you came out top," she tells me as if it was a good thing.

"Can you re-count it?" 

"Afraid not, now make an inspirational speech!" She nudges me at the mic. I look at all the expecting eyes. I gulp.

"As you could see I am caught completely off guard... I didn't even know this happened... But thank you." Round of applause. I began to back away but Principal Brooklyn put me back at the mic. The crowd laughs. 

"Sorry... I'm not good at speeches..." The door at the back swung open. My breath got caught in my throat. The five all smiled at me and stood against the wall, grinning. They were dressed as formal as they could, which really meant a mixture of skin tight jeans, boots and black shirts. My eyes wellup against my will. I smile and do this weird laugh, suddenly aware again of all the eyes. 

"This year for me personally was a big wake up call for the world around me... I met some amazing people... some not so amazing... I had some experiences. I will continue to have experiences, because isn't that what life's about? Having experiences. Some may be good, some bad but they all teach us something..." I pause and wipe my eyes, "You learn from your mistakes and I plan on making more. Some people graduating today might go off to college, some might go touring the world... But they'll all be experiences... Ones that make us who we are. To our parents who have prepared us for this very moment in life, thank you. Thank you for making us - however awkward and embarrasing that is to think about." Everyone erupts into laughter, surprisingly. "Thank you to the faculty, who have worked as hard as we have to get here... And thank you to friends, who are with you every single step of the way." I catch his eye. Clapping erupts around me. The corny graduation music starts and Principal Brooklyn steps to the mic. 

"Iris Dale." She shakes my hand and hands me my diploma. As gracefully as I could I step off of the stage, careful not to trip on my robe. My eyes started to water as I make my way down to the back. Andy walks up and meets me half way and I collapse into his arms.

"That was beautiful," he murmurs to me.

"No it was not. I almost peed myself..."

He laughs softly. I realize we are standing right in the middle of the parents and guests and quickly blush as an old lady goes 'Awh' at our reunion. Then I am smothered by people. 

"You were so awesome!"

"Nawh you're crying..."

"Give me a frigging hug woman!" 

All these comments come from above me.

"Cannot breath!" I manage to say and they move back fractionally. I laugh when CC jumps back down to hug me, I put my arms around all of them.

"I love you guys." 

"We love you too." 

My heart could have burst. 

Sometimes stories do have happy endings. 

* * *

(': 

We have reached the end of our tale I'm afraid! So be prepared for a LONG authors note.

1: Thank you so so so so so much for reading this, without your support 'The Morticians Daughter' would not have made it this far (': So *hugs* To you amazing people who made this happen!

2: Many of you have been asking for a sequel and I have two ideas:

Idead One: came to me while I was asleep and basically remember David? Well it's about him and how he came to be so physcopathic and obsessive. I have to add that this story will not be light hearted and will not include our beloved characters until the middle/end. 

Idea Two: Came with the help of SceneSoCool (Fan Her) And it will be with our beloved characters, but I'm at a loss of where it will end up. 

So I need your guys help. I need you to vote for which one you want. Or you can have the both of them, but that will mean it might take longer for an update. Do please let me know! 

3: For all of you that may be interested in following me on twitter you can find me at @NOMyourfaceNOM and for Facebook Amy MusicMania WaybiersackLeonegaskarth. 

Thank you so much again. Love you guys (': *hugs*