Chapter Five

Jade West had been stuck in Tori’s mind for the past week, relentlessly reminding her of the guilt she felt and the fact that she hadn’t had a chance to amend things because the raven haired beauty had been successful in her amazing avoiding skills. Every time Tori saw Jade, the girl was either attacking Beck’s lips or ferociously stabbing scissors into her locker. And forget about their assignment. They hadn’t worked on it at all and Tori was getting seriously worried. So. on that Monday, Tori decided that the whole situation was ridiculous and that she was finally going to talk to Jade, whether she wanted to or not.

The bell rang for lunch and Tori slung her back pack over her back, took a huge breath and walked out of her science class and to Jade’s locker. To her relief she saw that the Goth wasn’t there yet. She examined the girl’s locker curiously, noticing with awe (and fear) at how deep those scissors were embedded into the metal. Jade was obviously quite strong. For some reason this thought sent a pleasurable shiver down her back and she cleared her throat at the sudden inappropriate thoughts.

Snap out of it, Vega.

Tori glanced up at that moment and spotted dark locks rushing away from her. Tori immediately got angry and raced after the Goth.

“Jade!” Jade didn’t answer only moved faster. “Jade, for goodness sake! Stop running away from me!” Tori growled and grabbed the girl’s arm, roughly pulling her to a standstill. Being this close to Jade again made Tori’s stomach flip and her palms grew sweaty. Jade’s eyes were glaring and the brunette flinched, suddenly questioning her own sanity as to why she would ever consider doing this in the first place.

“What the hell do you want?” Jade gritted her teeth. Tori was aware of peeping eyes so she dragged Jade to the janitor’s closet. “What?! What are you doing, Vega? I’m not going in there with you!” Jade struggled but the brunette’s grip was like iron. Tori threw Jade into the small room and closed the door behind them. The noise of the hallways was suddenly muffled and Tori sighed in relief. Jade immediately tried to get out but Tori blocked the way, grabbing Jade by her shoulders. The girl winced but settled down, groaning in defeat.

“Get your hands off me, Vega,” she hissed. Tori immediately let go of the intimidating girl and backed against the door, arms over chest.

“Look, West,” Tori spat, angrier than she’d intended. “You need to get over yourself because we have an assignment due in three weeks and we haven’t done anything only because you’re pissed at me over something that I have already apologized for.” Jade’s eyebrows hit the roof at the abruptness of the usually calm girl. Tori was continuing to surprise her more and more. For once, Jade was speechless.

Well?” Tori demanded. Jade did the only thing she knew how.

“Oh, look at me! I’m Tori Vega and I think that I can use my cuteness to get away with everything!” Jade mocked the brunette in the usual Southern drawl. Tori went red which Jade only just noticed under the dim light of the closet.

“God, I hate you!” Tori blurted out jabbing Jade in the chest. The Goth gasped at the contact and took an involuntary step backwards. “Why can’t you just accept the fact that I’m sorry and move on?” Tori shook her head and sighed. “Why can’t you accept the fact that I want to be friends with you?”

“What is wrong with you!?” Jade retaliated pushing back at Tori so that the brunette's back was pressed against the door. “I treat you like shit and yet you still come back for more!” Tori swallowed and could just make out the glint in the beautiful girl’s eyes. Their bodies were pressed against each other, breast against breast, stomach against stomach. They fit perfectly together and Tori knew that Jade had to have been thinking the same thing because she heard the Goth sigh slightly.