Chapter 14

Chapter 14

The rest of the day was uneventful.

When it was time to go home she had tons of homework and her backpack felt like it was going to toss her to the floor. This seemed to amuse Jax; he smiled as she walked toward the car.

“Are they trying to kill you with homework?” He took her backpack with ease.

He lifted the damn thing like it was a feather, Ariana mused, annoyed that he was so strong. Apparently running was the sport of choice.  “I think so.” She got in the car and sighed, glad for the day to be over and she could get a jump on her projects. “Our parents don’t have anything planned, right?”

“You mean like more awkward dinners with strangers? No I don’t think so. It’s like pizza night or something. Are we talking about our family to keep from drifting to other subjects? I’ll admit thinking about them does lower the thoughts I have about you naked.” Jax said with all the casualness in the world.

She choked on her own spit. “You’ve never seen me naked!” why did he say these things? Her heart raced at a painful speed and she was sure her hands were shaking.

“I’ve touched and see enough to get a good image going. You’ve thought of me naked you just won’t admit it.”

She buried her face against her hands as the embarrassment left her skin on fire. “Please stop talking.”

As he laughed she felt the car stop, there was no way they were home yet. As she lifted her head he was reaching over and kissed her. His hand was strong and yet soft against her neck. She held onto his arm as her body racked with different emotions.

“Don’t fight it.” his other hand dropped to her waist and pulled her across the seats onto his lap.

“We have to…be home.” she shuddered as his mouth moved down her neck and shoulder. She braced her hand on the roof on the car. “Where are we?” all she saw were trees and more trees. The trees were blurry as she grew dizzy with what he made her feel.

“The other side of the park. No one comes here.” He explained quickly as he reached up and pulled her mouth to his. As they kissed and she straddled his lap he ran his hands under her skirt onto her naked thighs.

Jax knew how easy it’d be to pull her panties aside and bury himself in her but that’s not how he wanted to do it, he wanted her, oh how he wanted her but not in the car. For now he’d have to settle for touching her and these kisses that were driving him wild, especially when she kissed him back. He felt her stiffen as his hardness brushed against her. “We won’t, I promise.” It was painful to say those words. He couldn’t stop himself from pulling her farther onto him, he liked the heat between her legs he felt through his jeans.

“Jax?” she tightened her legs around his hips. “We….oh god.”

He pulled her back down to him and that separated their middles. He kissed her hard on the mouth then let go. He never planned for this to go that far. He wanted to kiss her, make out a little before they had to go home but it changed so fast. He helped her over to her seat. It scared him how easily he could lose control with her. “Are you alright?”

“Yes.”

She looked at him and Jax noted her pupils were dilated, her mouth was sore from his kiss and she never looked more beautiful. He internally groaned and brushed her hair behind her ear. “We can’t go back Ariana, we can’t pretend to be family or be friends.” He lusted after her far too much to attempt anymore.

“I know.”

“Please don’t ask me too.” He pleaded as their eyes locked.

She looked away first. “I don’t know what to do. We can’t see each other in secret, we will get caught.” She couldn’t handle that.

Jax said nothing else and started the car. He said nothing else and when they got home he walked away and went down to his room. Ariana hated that he was upset but what the hell did he expect? She didn’t see him coming up with any better ideas.

She went upstairs and made herself put Jax away in the back corner of her mind. She was working on her homework when her mom stepped into her room and shut the door. “Lots of homework?” the older woman asked after seeing the bed full of books.

“I think since there’s a break coming up they want to bombard us with extra work.” She watched as her mom pulled up a chair and sat. “What is it?”

“Just wanted to talk. Do you like the new house?” Mary asked while looking around the room.

“Yes, it’s much nicer and the yard is great.” She thought of the secret passage Jax showed her.

“And the new family?”

“Mom?” she wanted to understand what was going on.

“I just wanted to make sure you’re ok with this. I know it happened a little fast and you barely knew the kids.”

“Mom everything is fine. Julie is a sweetheart, I couldn’t ask for a better sister.”

“And Jax? I know he can be a little moody and quiet but he is a good kid.”

Her heart tightened. “He is.”

“So you’re getting along? He’s driving you back and forth from school, is he a good driver, and are you safe?” her mother spoke almost as fast as Julie.

Ariana smiled and realized her mother was worried for her safety. “Yes he is a good driver and yes we get along. We already talked about this, Mitch is good for you and I’m happy for you.”

“I know that sweetie but I want you to be happy to. I feel like a selfish slut sometimes.”

“Mom!” she would’ve laughed except that’s what she felt like when she was letting her hormones jeopardize her family, her mother had never been this happy before. “You’re not selfish, I like it here I do.” She fought the emotion welling in her throat. She wanted to cry and tell her mother the truth about everything.

“I’m glad to hear it. I keep fearing something is going to go wrong.”

“Mom….” The words were on the tip of her tongue. “Stop worrying so much.” She offered a smile and hugged her mother. She knew there was no way she could tell her mother she was in love with her stepbrother.