11 ~ Hmmm...I Wonder If One Could Fit 1000 Candles On A Cake...

Chapter 11 ~ I Wonder If One Could Fit 1000 Candles On A Cake

~Amelia's POV~

I was just about to use my magic when the lights went on and people screamed, "Happy birthday!"

Okay..This isn't what I expected when I came down a few minutes ago.

I looked around to see Damon, Caroline, Matt, Tyler, Stefan, Elena, Jeremy, Alaric and Andy in the living room with grins.

I smiled widely and turned towards Caroline. "How did you know when my birthday was?" After the recent events that had taken place my birthday had completely skipped my mind. Otherwise my birthday would be the most important in the whole year because wherever we would be, Nik and I always spent our birthday together.

"You had let it slip up when you were drunk once." She said grinning.

"So you planned all this?"

"Yup. But Damon also helped." She told me.

"You didn't have too." I told her.

"But it's your birthday!"

"Care, you are forgetting that I am like 1000 years old. Birthdays don't mean that much." I told her chuckling.

"Enough talking. It's your birthday party! You are turning..1000 something." Damon said trailing off in the end.

I chuckled and Caroline said, "Let's cut the cake!"

"There's a cake!?" I asked her and she nodded saying, "I made it myself."

"Yum! Gimme cake!" I said excitedly.

While Caroline went to bring the cake from the kitchen I looked around the decorated living room. There were silver, black and purple balloons at random places. There was a childish happy birthday sign which made me laugh. There were also gifts in a corner which made my eyes glint.

"Not now. After the cake cutting and everything." Damon said to me as he noticed me eyeing the gifts.

"But..Gifts!" I said pouting.

"Nu-uh. Cake first." Damon said dragging me by the arm towards the cake.

The cake was an amazing chocolate cake which made my mouth water just by looking at it. There were not any candles because I am sure one can't fit 1000 candles in one cake. There was also a 'Happy Birthday Mia' written in cursive with white icing. There were chocolate shavings on top for decoration.

I took the knife and eagerly cut the cake. Everybody sang the happy birthday song which made me feel really young...which was ironic....

I took the first piece that I cut and put it in my own mouth. I grinned at the amazing taste of the cake. Then all of us sat around in the living room talking.

"How have you been?" I asked Elena referring to Bonnie's death. "Thanks for coming, you didn't have to."

"We wanted to." Stefan smiled genuinely.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that how are you dealing with Bonnie's death?" I asked her.

"Oh. It has been rough. But I just have to move on. She is dead and I can't do anything about it." She said and I squinted. Stefan comforted her while Jeremy looked away.

The tension in the air was broken by the stereo switching on and bottles of alcohol being brought out by Matt and Caroline.

"It's my turn to give the present! I know you are going to love it." Caroline said excitedly after everyone let loose and began enjoying themselves. I wasn't sure why Elena and Stefan were here. I guessed they had some agenda up their sleeve.