Thor

Thor hurried onto the upper platform of the S.H.I.E.L.D Helicarrier, followed by Jane. Thor was holding Jane’s hand tightly, pulling her behind him. Thor was going to have to open the Bifrost and take Jane to Asgard, but he wasn’t going to before he asked her something that would change both of their lives forever.  “Slow down! Bruce isn’t even awake yet, we’re not in any hurry.” Jane said, struggling to keep up.

“I know that, Jane… I just wanted to bring you up here. We are alone here… And I needed to be here with you.” Thor whispered, stopping.

“Why the sudden need to be alone?”

“I don’t know… You and I have not had much time alone since I’ve returned. I know now is not the best time for this… But I just need to be here. We have time… So why not use it?”

“True… I guess we haven’t been alone for longer than half an hour in years.”

“Exactly why I want to spend this time with you… I want to tell you what you mean to me.”

“Tell me.”

“You are my world. You make me overjoyed. You break my heart while you make me so happy. You give me a purpose. You give me someone to love and protect. You make me feel like a hero. You give me something to love. You are everything to me.”

Jane smiled at him and he took her hand and kissed it. She blushed like she had a million times before. Thor led Jane to the edge of the Helicarrier and sat down, laying Mjolnir beside him. Jane followed, pulling her knees into her chest and leaning on Thor’s shoulder. “It is places like this that remind me why I love Midgard so much… Aside from you, this world can be cruel… They seem to have lost all hope…” Thor whispered.

“Thor, here on Earth we think things a little differently. As long as we’re alive… There’s hope.” Jane replied, staring over the horizon, over the ocean.

“Your words are comforting. That is one of the things us Asgardians have yet to learn from your people. We pretend to be more advanced than you, and maybe in some ways we are, but I think of you as equals… When your world is faced with a threat bigger than you, you never lose hope… You never surrender. Asgard has yet to be threatened with something bigger than us… But your never-failing hope is something we need to learn… And with you one day being queen, I am sure you can teach us.”

“Me? I’m just Jane Foster… I’m nothing special, and I’m definitely not Asgardian royalty. I’m only a human. I’m not a queen, Thor.”

“You are whatever you believe you are. You can be anything you set your mind to. That is one thing that us Asgardians know well.”

“We’re told that when we’re little… And then we’re cut down and told we’re worthless and pathetic… Like Loki said. We’re in a mad scramble for power, for a name. I think the fact that we’ve been cut down so many times… It makes us want to prove that we’re something, that we have some value, some worth…”

“We’ve never had that problem on Asgard… I think you will be a wise teacher to the Asgardians. I think you will like it there. It is paradise. We try to avoid war at all costs… It’s paradise. I think you will like it there. You can live in the castle with me… And hopefully you will one day be my queen. Odin, my father, is a bit reluctant to give me the throne after what happened that one time… But with you as my queen, surely he will give me the throne.”

“Your father… Does he know about me?”

“Yes. I have told him of you a million times. I never stop talking about you… It annoys everyone, but I cannot help it… I love you.”