XXVIII: Bring Me to Life

QOTC

There is a world out there, probbably much more bigger than you could have ever imagined... Places you've never been into and somewhere you'll fit in. Come with me and I'll let you see the beauty in it. Teach you the things Kakashi hasn't taught you. You, me, the two of us—the world never has to see us again.

- Obito to Wakana

**********************************************

Chapter 28: Bring Me to Life

Wakana stared at her hands, not knowing where to look.

Ino laid half dead into the ground, her arm rested on the other side, following the little circles of light which came from the window. She couldn't hear her breathe anymore, even the slightest amount of life in her eyes. Becoming an impure could let her hear the smallest bit of what nature has to hold out, and yet she could only hear the blood dribbling down the floor.

She killed a humanbeing. She killed Sakura's best friend.

"Poor kid." Obito said, coming out of nowhere. "You just found yourself a main course. How wise of you." Then he glanced at the helpless Yamanaka, where in Obito swore the sixteen-year-old seem to be a lot prettier than Rin's Doppolganger.

Wakana was sitting against the wall, hugging her knees. She was only ten alright. "Are y-you going to kill me?"

"Shhh, hush little one," He leaned closer bending his knees, touching her cheeks. Very closely, Obito watched Wakana shiver around him, once his fingers have tickled through her skin drained with blood. Sometimes he wondered why she couldn't be his. "You would have been the brightest girl I've ever met, Hatake Rin, but we're at war. The world is full of monsters everywhere, people die, wanting for revenge. And I cannot let you live long enough to be one, for you are too young to know any of this." He raised the broken glass behind his back, and it's funny how a single stab in the heart could kill an immortal. He leaned forward to whisper: "You could tell your mother of our endless journey, but it's gonna be our little secret."

Wakana could only count the remaining seconds of her heartbeat.

One.

Two.

Three.

Sasuke had sped inside the room, channeling a Chidori behind his back. It didn't touch but he was hoping he could atleast feel a little of pain. "Touch her and I swear you'll regret it."

Tobi transported behind his back. "You're gonna have to do better than that."

He raised his Katana and swung it to him, but Obito dodged and instead he made a fireball technique against him. Sakura ran to Ino wanting to perform the mystical palm technique, but she was too late.

"It's me," she said, gently pulling her hand down her chest, lacing their fingers together. "Forehead, it's me. It's Sakura." Their hands slipped on each other; when she looked down, she saw they were wet with blood and from the tears that slid down her face without noticing. "Ino, wake up." she said.

Ino's hands tightened on hers. She breathed out—a harsh, hatcheting sound—and then did not breathe again.

Why do you keep on covering your head?

Because... I thought it would be a waste for you to wither away as a bud. There's no meaning to a flower unless it blooms. It might turn out to be... a flower more beautiful than a Cosmos.