Chapter 56: Cat V.s Mouse

Even after writing this I am speechless. Something really just took over me LOL.

~Payback is sick, it's all my fault. ~I'm dancing with tears in my eyes just fighting to get through the night ~I'm fading I'm broken inside, I'm wasting my love of my life.

*****************************************************************************************************

When I reached the grand stair case I realized he’s letting me get away.

My hand rested on the railing, and I turned to observe the hallway I just escaped from. What could he be planning? As my breathing became normal, I turned to run further down the hallway. He wants me to go the front door!

I fisted my hands, and hurried down the stairs. My socks feet slid a little on the marble, and my breathing seems to be echoing the walls. I ran at full speed to the door, and smashed into it. I shrugged it off, and tried to unlock the door. My fingers shakily fiddled with the lock, and I undid it. I pulled and pushed at the door, with no success. “How is this not opening?” I whispered harshly at the door.

Deep laughter echoed off the walls, bringing tingles down my spine. My eyes rapidly searched the area for the source. I whirled around, to see nobody there. Something tapped me on the shoulder and I quickly turned to face the empty living room. I stepped towards the room, only to get the feeling of someone dragging a finger down my back, literary. I snatched the air behind me, trying to grab their hand. Maybe I should try and provoke him into extending this game.“We need rules!” I shouted to the room, “This game is ridiculous without rules!”

The sound of multiple doors slamming shut made my heart shoot out of my chest. “It would be more fun?” I offered, placing the toe of my foot on the first step. He’s up there somewhere. I took a deep breath, and climbed them to the top making sure to watch who is behind me. My eyes searched both ends of the hallway, to see nobody there. I leaned against the wall, facing the royal wing.

I shut my eyes, “Now what.”

“What kind of rules?” a familiar voice hissed my the staircase. He’s standing at the top of the staircase, facing the wall in front of him. His side is to me, and his hair looks disheveled. Now that he’s just standing there, I can see that his jeans are faded a little, but a medium blue. “I asked you a question,” he stated nastily. He slowly turned to me, his eyes on fire.

In the blink of an eye he disappeared, and then reappeared in front of me. I jumped, and muffled a scream in my hand. I put my hands up, and backed up. “Ok wow! Did not expect that,” I sputtered. Valentine stayed leaning against the wall, glaring down at me.

“That’s the whole point.”

“Is it or do does little Valentine just have nobody else to play with? What’s wrong no more woman to use like a napkin?”

He snickered, “I have you.”

“You wish.”

“Not worth the time, or effort,” he replied smoothly, and waved a hand in the air, “hence, the reason you will fail to see the light tomorrow.”

I put my hands on my hips, “Are we doing the rules or not?”

He raided an eyebrow, “The rules are, I win and you lose.”

I huffed out a breath, “Why are you doing this to me? I did nothing wrong!”

His eyes dropped to the ground, and he turned away from me. He put his fingers to his temple. “Just tell me these rules you have already, and maybe I will follow them.”