TEXAS {CHAPTER ONE}

TEXAS  //  WOLFSTATE CHRONICLES BOOK ll

{just putting up the one chapter, if you want to read more, add the book from my profile}

"CHAPTER ONE"

Colten Turner shuffled into the small stuffy packed bar. Past the lonely drunks, past the giggling girls on the dance floor and over to his normal table of normal acquaintances.

They greeted him roughly with a heavy slap to his shoulder as some of the them got up to dance.

He sat beside the heavy handed male of messy dark hair and perfectly tanned skin as he took off his off white cowboy hat.

“Where have you been, Colt?”

“Hey, Pete.” He brushed the sweat that had collected under his hat from his forehead, “I hand to finish up with the Redding's horses...”

“Oh oh!” A rowdy, intoxicated male pointed across the table to him and smirked wildly, “Is that looker of their's home yet?”

Colten dropped his chin and stared at him with his dark simmering eyes, “No, Tyler.”

“Awe, man... she's a nice bit too.” The guy sighed, dropping his hand drunkenly to the table in disappointment.

Colten brushed him off, “She wasn't home yet.”

“Wonder how much she learned at College...” The drunk boy slurred and raised an eyebrow at him.

Colten sneered at him – now annoyed with his drunken stupidity, “Mind your own business, Tyler. Go have another drink.”

He nodded, “Not a bad idea, you sure are smart, Colt.” He stood quickly and disappeared into the crowd.

Colten was impressed and a bit surprised, “He actually listened to me, Pete...”

“He's so drunk, he don't know up from down right now... let alone what you just said...” Peter took a big swig of his beer, “So, what are you doing this weekend?”

Colten ran a hand through his damp hair again – he hated how hot and sticky the bar tended to get on a friday evening, “Nothing much. Just have Sarah coming over.”

Peter nodded, not overly interested in the comment but he amused his friend with conversation, “How's Sarah?”

“She's fine.” Colten looked around the bar and saw sweaty hammered Tyler jump up to a group of drunk girls, “He's gonna get it.” He pointed to Tyler as a bigger girl blonde with equally big hair puffed up her chest.

Pete laughed, “You should film this...”

“I would but I don't want to waste time on that sorry idiot.” Colten looked away, scanning the bar and taking in the line-up for a beer.

Peter smiled, “And how's Ella?”

“She's fine.”

“You'er sure with the conversation tonight, Colt.”

Colten looked to him, “I'm just tired. Long week...”

“Maybe Sarah can unwind you.” Peter chimed, smirking.

Colten sighed, “One of these days, I swear - I'm going to revoke the beta-card.”

His friend burst out laughing, “Colten, you're too nice to do that!”

Colten grumbled, “Be right back.” Mostly because his beta was right. He grabbed his cowboy hat and shifted it back on as he made his way across the bar. Dodging more and more people as the place filled.