Chapter 21: Watching My Every Move

~Lmfao I love this song and it relates to the book awesomely. :))))

~You hope for sun I want rain~It's been watching you, your slips and slurs and play with words.~They all swim while I drown. ~You won't be living for long so just fly with me, die with me babe.

I arrived at the Devin & Son building promptly at nine thirty.

There’s nothing better than Mondays...accept every other day in the week. But for some reason I find myself in the best mood. Yesterday was spent setting up all of my lamps, and putting away the rest of my clothes. Marcy and I got posters for our rooms, and new comforters and pillows. We even went clothes shopping. I didn’t let the hooded man ruin my weekend. Hell, maybe if I ignore him he will go away.

I came through the waiting room doors on the eightieth floor, with a huge smile on my face. “Good morning Carol,” I told her happily, and adjusted my pink blouse.

She looked up at her computer in shock, “Good morning Faith. You know you’re a fifteen minutes early right?”

“Yes, well I’m usually late so he should be—“My eyes locked on a couple, situated in the waiting chairs. Then I noticed the heavy bald man, and then the skinny lady with really curly hair. I smiled at them, and then turned back to Carol, “Are those his clients? Is he late or something?” I whispered.

“I don’t know I’ll check again.” She quickly picked up the phone and dialed a number. Her grey haired head stilled, as if she is listening to something. I frowned, and she put a finger up. “I’m not sure if he’s in there honey, he’s not answering his phone. If he’s not in there come back here and wait, because he doesn’t like it when people alone in his office.”

Why the heck is he not here? “Sure, no problem I’ll go check.”

I turned and opened the door to the office hallway, and my heels echoed the expensive wooden floors. My heart started to thud as I put my hand on the door knob, and pulled it open slowly.

As soon as I saw the man on the couch, I let out an exasperated sigh, and shut the door quietly. David is draped on top of the couch, face down in his work outfit. I sauntered over, and quickly poked his back. When his body stayed still, I started to freak out and poked him harder.

"Please don’t be dead!" I whispered. He moved his head to the side shifting positions and let out a soft groan. His brown hair looks shorter as if he got a haircut, and is curled at the ends. He has dark stubble on his face, and I notice now that his eyelashes are extremely long.

It’s really just another reason to hate my Boss; he God given eye lashes.

I kneeled to the floor and tapped him again, “David? You need to get up,” I told him quietly, and moved his leg. My eyes roamed over his face, and locked on the interesting jagged black tattoo that wraps around the left side of his face. I reached out to touch it, to the point that my fingers hovered over it.

David’s body twitched away from me, “Don’t do that,” he hissed.

I removed my hand from his face in disgust, “Sorry I didn’t mean to—whatever. You have to get up though you have—“

“--run faster!” He yelled into the black pillow, making me jump. He then wacked the floor with his hand a few times, “take that.”

Ugh, he’s sleep talking. I need to wake him up before I hear some dirty things. “David, wake the hell up!” I shook him violently, and he slapped my thigh. I muttered a curse at how hard he hit it, “never getting here early again,” I bit out, and pulled at his soft curls.