Chapter Two: Another Stranger

.:Chapter Two: Another Stranger:.

"Hello? Hello?"

Brown eyes. Deep bronze eyes looking at me with concern. So familiar. Just like...his eyes. But, they can't be his. They are NOT his. I don't know how I know this, this isn't my guy. Even if it was, wouldn't he be old by now? I mean, he was a teen when I was little, years have passed by, so therefore if I'm doing the math right, he'll be an old man.

"Excuse me?" Oh! He's talking to me.

My face burning in embarrassment, I gingerly get up and look anywhere but at him "Um, sorry, I didn't mean to run into you." He called me a dumb-ass! I don't want to be here any longer than necessary in case he ends up beating me up, but I have this gut feeling telling me that I need to stay here with him.

Hesitantly, the guy places his hand on my shoulder and even through my shirt I can feel the coldness of his skin. Cold. Pale. "No, it's my fault. I'm sorry..." He wants my name.

This time, I raise my head to look at his face as I hear myself answer his unspoken question "Niall."

Biggest mistake I have ever made.

Red eyes look back at me with a gentle smile. My breath catches in my throat, a dim memory making its way to the surface. It's small, but it's there. For a fraction of a second, I'm a child again. Lost in the woods by my house, a voice calls out to me and I turn to face the person. Only to meet red eyes.

The same color as this guy. But, it's not possible. Humans don't have red eyes. I shake my head vigorously, thinking that's it my mind playing tricks on me, I look at him once again and this time it's brown eyes. Much more normal. The way they're supposed to be. Brown. Not red. Brown.

"I'm Liam by the way." The boy, Liam, introduces himself, running a hand through his brown hair "I'm really sorry for calling you a dumb-ass. I'm just in a bad mood today. Sorry."

There's something nagging me at the back of my mind, something important, but every time that I come close to it, it slips away. Instead of spending time on it, I assure Liam that its cool "Liam, it's fine. Really, you don't need to apologize."

"If you insist." He then narrows his eyes at me "This may be stupid of me to ask by, are you Irish?"

I can't stop the damn giggle that escapes my mouth, blushing a deep pink at my action "Yeah, I am. Sorry about the eh giggle thing. I don't know what got into me."

He surprises me by reaching out a lightly brushing his cold hand over me heated cheek, making goosebumps rise along my skin. "Don't worry. It was rather cute."

What I feel next is not something I expect. Nothing. That's what I feel. Not the least bit attracted to him, and he's fucking gorgeous! If I were Harry or Louis, I would be all over him by now, doing whatever I can to get his attention. But I'm not, and I'm not attracted to him. Should I be worried?

"Uh thanks." I mutter.

His eyes widen as if he's just realized something. "Dammit! Are you-" He's cut off by a ringing sound, which at first I think it's my phone but when he fishes around in his pocket, I find out that it's his.

Liam looks at the screen and for a split second, freezes but the next second, it's back to his smiling puppy face. Well, a cold, pale puppy face. His answers it and soon is arguing with someone on the other end. He paces back and forth, muttering and growling. He's talking way to fast for me to make out anything he's saying, but I do catch 'No! I haven't found him yet.'

Haven't found who yet? All I know from eavesdropping, is that it's a guy. Before I can make anything out of it, Liam hangs up and smiles sheepishly at me, "Sorry about that. That was my friend Zack."

Nodding my head, I try to make it seem like I didn't hear anything. Much less a specific word that sends both a shiver of fear through my whole body and an odd sense of longing.

But he knows. Liam knows I heard it. Yet says nothing about it, and I can't help but scold myself myself for being so foolish. They're myths, not real in any sense! And even if they did exist, Liam couldn't be one, he's too, innocent-like. Vampires are a story. Myths. Legends. Fake.

We stand there on the sidewalk, awkwardly looking everywhere but at each other, although everyone in a while I sneak a peek at him. Still brown eyes. Pshh, red eyes. As if. I'm losing my mind.

"Hey!" Liam exclaims out of the blue, I give him a quizzical look and he grins "If you're not busy, wanna go somewhere?"

Tempting.

I bite my lip as I weigh my options.

Stick with my original plan and go see Harry. Talk to him and see what he says about giving us a chance. And leave this craziness behind.

Or, go with Liam. A total stranger whom I just met not ten minutes ago. See what he has in mind for us to go, build a friendship and try to make sense of this weird feeling I've been experiencing since I met him.

To go or not to go.

I swallow my worries and open my mouth "Um, I-"