Erica forced a smile on her face and nodded determinedly.  “Okay. I can do this,” she said confidently.

Chloe gave her shoulder an affectionate squeeze. “Yes. Yes you can, and in the end it will be us that has the last laugh.”

This time when Erica smiled, it was an honest one. The first bell rang, startling the both of them and Chloe pushed herself off the wall.  Reaching down, she grabbed her book bag off the floor and hitched it up high over her shoulder. Turning around to head off in the opposite direction, Chloe waved goodbye and shouted back over her shoulder, “See you at lunch!”

Still smiling, Erica briefly nodded and then turned on her heels to head off to her first class.

Walking through the halls, Chloe stared down at her class schedule and then looked back up at the room numbers, “two ‘o one….two ‘o three….two ‘o five.”  Stopping in the center of the hall, she threw both of her hands up in the air frustrated to no end.

“Where the heck is room two ‘o four?”  She exclaimed.

“Excuse me Miss, do you need some help?”

“No-” Chloe bit out before looking up and finding herself staring up into a pair of the most gorgeous cerulean blue eyes that she had ever laid her sights on.  So blue, that she would swear that she could almost see a mirror image of her own self reflected in those idyllic orbs.

The boy smirked back at her and he had a way about him that exuded extreme confidence. Shaking her head slightly, she took a step back and smirked a little herself.

Well, well, well.  What do we have here? The infamous Justin Pinnix.

“You’re new here, right?”  He asked when she didn’t offer anything else.

Chloe flicked her head back, sending her hair swishing over her shoulder.

“Yup,” she said, making sure to pop the “P” at the end.  She followed that by making a blatant attempt in doing a not so subtle once over from the top of his head to the bottom of his size twelve feet.  She finished with a very loud smacking of her lips.

“To answer your question,” she started and paused, still shamelessly eyeing his body and then shook her head before she continued, “Nah, I don’t think I need help from the likes of you.”

Justin’s smile instantly fell from his face and his brow furrowed in confusion.

Without waiting for his impending protest, Chloe turned around and started off down the halls, once again in search of her English class.  He could stand there in the middle of the hall for the rest of the day for all she cared. She had places to go and things to do; part of that included devising a plan to bring the numb-nut down several levels.

When she reached the next section of the hall, Chloe realized that these were the even-numbered rooms and easily found room two ‘o four.

“Here we go,” she muttered to herself while stepping over the threshold. 

The room was already half filled at first look.  After a long second, she spotted an empty desk towards the back of the room that was calling her name.  Making her way towards the desk, she completely ignored all of the hushed whispers and the strange looks she was receiving. She was all too aware that any time a new student arrived, there was a production of sorts.  Today, she was evidently that production. 

Collapsing in the chair, Chloe thought about her plan and how fun it was going to be bringing down enemy number one a notch or two.  She had waited a long time for this type of opportunity and now that it was here, she was ecstatic.  Watching the player’s ultimate fall from grace was going to be so priceless.