I woke after that. How could I have dreamed of Derek being a were-puma and Eric as a vampire? I mean seriously. People can’t turn into pumas or anything else, and vampires aren’t real. The supernatural is far from real. I really got to stop reading all those books before bed. Well I’ll try going to bed again and dream happier normal dreams.

    The next morning I woke up with the sun shining directly in my face. Some people might like that, but it bugs the crap out of me. I hate being blinded first thing in the morning. I didn’t dream anymore and I’m glad. That one was freaky enough. I really have got to stop reading things like that before bed. There was a knock on my door.

    I looked down and made sure I was dressed before saying, “Come in.”

    Bradley walked in and with him the smell of chocolate chip waffles. “Good morning sis. Eric made everyone breakfast. I, being the sweetest must wonderful brother on this planet, decided I would bring it to you.” He walked in and sat a tray on my nightstand. I sat up and pulled the tray into my lap.

    “Aw, you are the best brother ever.” I looked at the tray, “Is this orange juice?”

    “Yeah and it’s fresh. Eric squeezed the oranges himself.”

    “Really?”

    “Yeah. Well I’ll go and let you eat.”

    “Okay. Thank Brad. I love you.”

    “Your welcome and I love you too.” He was starting to walk out of my room. I stopped him.

    “Hey Brad?”

    “Yeah?’

    “Do you think were animals and vampires can exist?”

    “You need to stop reading those books before bed Liz.”

    “I know. Well tell Eric thank you.”

    “Okay I will.” Bradley walked out and shut the door behind him. I sat in my room and ate my waffles and drank my orange juice. After I was done I pushed my dream, which is what I kept thinking about, aside and went to put my plate up in the kitchen. When I got down there Eric was doing dishes. He really was sweet, too sweet to be a vampire. The dream kept popping into my mind. I pushed it aside again and walked up to him. I handed him my plate and he looked at me and smiled.

    “Good morning Eric and thank you for breakfast. It was delicious.”

    “Well I’m glad you liked it Liz and good morning to you too.”

    “So you’re being awfully helpful. Would you like some help with dishes.”

    “I would love your company.”

    “Maybe after this we can call Sarah and Derek to hang out.”

    “Sounds great.”

    After cleaning up breakfast I called Sarah and Derek. Sarah had to babysit her little sister and Derek said he had some family things to attend to. I was bummed, but figured Eric and I could find something to do. We decided on the mall. We were sitting in the food court eating when I felt eyes on me. I turned around and saw Tommy standing in the music shop across the food court staring at me. I turned around and tried to ignore him. Finally Eric and I got into heavy conversation and I paid no attention to anything else. We got up and went walking around the mall, I did a little shopping. Eventually we left and went home. We didn’t do anything really eventful, but we still had fun together. Eric told me all about the places he’s been and traveled. Apparently his dad had quite a bit of money, which would explain how he paid mom so well. Eric had been to Europe, all around the states, and Canada.