Diamonds & Pearls (25)-Lies Undone

Previously in Diamonds & Pearls:

           “Zayna, I’m fine. I promise I’m fine.” I said quickly, trying to kill the rage that was about to erupt from within her.

            “No you are not!” She exclaimed and then rushed back through the curtains.

            “Zayna!” I yelled, trying to call her back. “Oh no,”

            I ran out of the nurse’s office with speed that I didn’t know I was capable of. My sister was already bursting into the principal’s office. By the time I got to her, the police were holding her and she’d managed to kick Erik in the head while they were restraining her. When I saw Erik, I froze even though he was handcuffed. My heart was in my throat and I slowly backed out of the room. I couldn’t stand to see him so soon after what had happened. Flashes of him throwing me, hitting me, and biting me made their way back into my mind. His touch had been so wrong and I couldn’t stop replaying the way he had tried to force himself on me.  I felt saliva flooding my mouth and I knew for sure that I was going to be sick. I ran to the nearest trashcan and threw up everything I’d eaten earlier in the day. After a while, I was just dry heaving but within a few minutes my stomach calmed. I wiped my mouth with a broken sob.

            Oh Allah, help me make it through this day. I prayed before sinking to the cold floor. Shaking, I pulled my knees up to my chest and did nothing but hope that someone would find me.

Diamonds & Pearls

Ramadan Mubarak!

Before You Read: Hey guys! Quick reminder here! If you're delaying a prayer right now to read this story, stop whatever you're doing and go pray! Don't let anything take you away from Allah. Especially not this story. Now if you're all prayed up, go ahead and enjoy this chapter.

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE-Lies Undone

            Cole found me. I wasn’t sure why he was always the one to find me but he was. When he finally found me, I heard him sigh loudly. “I’ve been looking for you everywhere. You and your sister are pretty fast.” I looked up at him with red rimmed eyes. He frowned, crouching down in front of me. “Daleela, what’s wrong? You okay?”

            I shook my head slowly, my throat burning. “My parents are on their way and I don’t know what I’m going to tell them. I’ve lied so much to protect the people I love but now they’re going to want answers, I know it. I can’t deal with this. I’ve gotten myself into a heap of mess and I just can’t deal with it. They’re going to be so disappointed in me.”

            Cole sat back onto the cold floor and folded his legs in front of him. He kept his distance as usual but I was still aware of his close proximity. He gave me a reassuring look. “They aren’t going to ask you anything Daleela.”

            “How do you know?” I muttered, wiping my tears with the back of my hand. I kept my face turned away, embarrassed to cry in front of him.

            “I know because they’ll be way too worried about you and way too angry at Erik to care.” Cole murmured, giving me a small smirk. “You’re going to be fine, I promise. I’ll explain everything to your parents if you want and I’ll be right beside you the whole time.”

            “Thank you,” I said sincerely. I don’t know why but he made me feel a whole lot less panicked. It was like, if he could stay calm, I had no reason to freak out. Cole nodded slowly and I could tell he wanted to say something.